22

"Happy Valentine's Day!" George said and he handed me a necklace. It was a beautiful gold necklace, with a heart charm, and G+J was in graved on it.

"Awwwww! I love it! Here, open it!" I handed him a box. He opened the box and the sides fell down with pictures of us on each side. He opened the next box and the same thing happened. He opened the next two boxes and in the last box it said 'Happy Valentine's Day! I love you! -love, Josie'. (If you're confused look up "box picture gift" on google)

"Thanks, babe. I love you." He said.

"I love you too. Happy Valentine's Day."

...

"I'll see you in class later." Harper said as she left where we were sitting.

"Bye!" Nobody really came over to this part of the castle. It was just a dead end with a little stair case going up. I really liked it. Over the years this has become my place to go and chill. That and the room of requirement, but only Chloe, Harper, and I know about this place.

"I thought she would never leave." I looked up and saw Heather and her best friend Grace were sitting on the stairs looking at me. Great. Just the people I would love to see. It's been 4 months since the whole kiss thing happened, and it's not that I'm still mad about it or jealous, I just don't feel like seeing Heather. It just reminds me about something I don't want to be reminded about.

"Oh, hi. I... I was just," I said grabbing my things, "leaving." I stood up and began to walk before Grace hit my books to the floor.

"Not so fast." She said. Fuck.

"I think it's about time we had a chat. You took something from me, and I plan on getting it back. Now we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way. It's really your choice, I'm just prepared to do anything it takes." Heather said.

"I'm confused. I don't have anything of yours. I have enough money to buy my own stuff." I said.

"You took George from me you bitch! Now break up with him!"

"George doesn't belong to you. He's his own person, and if he wants to break up, that's his choice." I said. "And even if I did break up with him, there isn't any guarantee that he would date you."

"Last chance. Break up with him, or suffer the consequences." Heather threatened again.

"Honestly, I'm going to pass." I said picking up my books. "See you guys around."

"Fine. Grace, you know what to do." Heather said. Grace quickly pushed me to the ground, pulled up the sleeve on my shirt, and held me down.

"What the hell!" I said trying to get up, but I was being pushed down so hard I couldn't move.

I felt something sharp dig into my left arm. I immediately screamed in pain.

"Keep your mouth shut bitch!" Grace yelled at me. The digging continued and I tried to keep quiet.

"You deserve this for taking him from me!" Heather yelled.

"I- I didn't take anything!" I cried. Heather dug the knife into my arm for a few more minutes.

"If you tell anyone, I'll do much worse than this to you." Heather whispered into my ear before leaving quickly.

There I lay. In the middle of the hallway nobody ever goes to. Tears streaming down my face. Alone. In pain.