41

"So," I said sitting down with George at the kitchen table of Tonks and Remus' house, "Remus and Tonks left me the house. They left me 120,000 pounds, and Teddy 150,000 pounds when he turns 18. I don't want to sell the house."

"Ok, well, what do you want to do?" George asked.

"Well, living at the flat is nice, but this is my home. I grew up here. Tonks and Remus were going to raise Teddy here, so this is where I want to raise him."

"So when are we going to move out of the flat?"

"George, you don't have to move out if you don't want. If you want to stay at the flat with Fred, that's fine."

"Where ever you are, that's where I want to be. Plus, I'm not going to just leave you here alone to raise a baby." He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"I love you. Harry's coming over soon  to help me go through some of their stuff. I'll be in the attic." I said giving him a kiss on the forehead.

I went up into the attic and looked at the stuff. Most of it was decorations and furniture that hasn't been used since before I came to live with Remus. I'll wait for Harry to get here to go through most of this.

I saw a box with my name on it. I pulled it down and opened it up. Inside were pictures of me and my parents when I was a baby, some more pictures of me and Remus when I was younger, a little hat with my name on it, some of my baby clothes, and at the very bottom was a blanket. It had my name, dad's name, and mom's name embroidered on the corner.

I picked up the blanket and held it close. A tear fell down my face as I held it close.

"Your father gave me that box when you came to live with me. Over the years I added more things to it." I turned around and saw Remus and Tonk's ghosts standing there. I couldn't speak, I just stood there, tears coming down my face.

"I know it's hard," Tonks said.

"You have no idea what I'd give to hug you both one more time." I cried. "I have no idea what to do. What should I do about all your stuff? How am I supposed to raise Teddy? I'm 19, I don't know how to be a parent."

"I was in your same position 16 years ago." Remus said.

"But you were amazing at raising me. You knew everything, you always had an answer, you knew how to do anything."

"I had no idea how to raise a child. I didn't have anyone there to help me. I was given custody of this frightened little girl, who had no idea why her dad was being taken away, and was confused where her mom had gone. I was just as scared and worried as you are now." Remus said.

"Parenting doesn't come with age, or even being biologically related to them. Parenting has no rule book. You do want you feel needs to be done." Tonks said.

"We wouldn't have made you Teddy's legal guardian if we didn't believe you would be able to take care of him."

"As for our stuff, keep what you want to keep. Anything you don't want offer to other people. Anything they don't want donate." Tonks said.

"We love you very much." Remus said.

"We are with you always." Tonks said.

"I miss you so much." I cried.

"We know." Remus said.

And with that they were gone. I cried for a while more after they left, then Harry came and we went through everything. Harry took some pictures and other stuff. I looked through more boxes and came upon a box full of Tonks and Remus' old robes, ties, and other things like that.

George and I spent the rest of the week going through things, putting up pictures, and rearranging the house to fit us and our needs.