26

"Are you sure you're alright Josie?" Chloe asked. "You can sit this game out, you know that right? It's only been a week, you have a right to be sad." She said as I was walking to meet up with the rest of the team.

"Just because I'm not laying in bed all day doesn't mean I'm not sad. I can't afford to stop doing class work, or stop playing on the team, or stop being a head girl, or stop teaching during DA. I have to move on in life. Do I still love and miss George? Yes. Do I still want to be with him? Yes. Do I cry about it? Yes. But I've accepted that he broke up with me. And I can't just stop living because of it." I said. "Thank you for caring about me, but I'm honestly fine. I'll see you after the game." I walked over to the rest of the team and gave George a quick glance. We walked out on the field, ready to play against Slytherin.

I hopped on my broom and the game started. Harper tossed me the Quaffle, and I started soaring though the air, dodging the other team. I threw the ball towards a hoop and scored. I heard the announcer say that I had scored as I high-fived Harper.

We continued the game and Harper and I tossed the ball between the two of us. Out of no where I was hit with a bludger, fell off my broom, and at the very last second, grabbed onto my broom. Harper threw the ball to another teammate and went to help me up, but she was also hit with a bludger. I looked at the Slytherin girl as I tried to get back up, she flew to my level and hit me in the stomach.

I saw George out of the corner of my eye zip over and hit the Slytherin girl.

"Are you alright!?" He yelled over all the noise.

With a quick motion I got back onto my broom and got ready to get the quaffle back.

"I'm fine." I said quickly flying away.

We ended up winning the game soon after that and we all went to the locker room.

"I think I got you beat this time." Harper said. We have a competition between the two of us of who can get the biggest bruise and who can get the most bruises.

"I don't know about that." I said.

"Alright start counting." She said. "15!" She cheered.

"Ha! 17! Let me see your biggest bruise." She showed me her thigh with a bruise as big as my hand on it. "You might have me beat on this one." I lifted up my shirt and showed her my stomach.

"I say it's a tie. I'll beat you next game, don't worry." She laughed.

I saw George looking longingly towards us as I glanced towards him.

"I'm gonna go get Chlo, meet us at the angry baby painting." Harper instructed me.

"Ok, I'll be there in a second." I watched her walk off.

"Hey, are you okay?" George came up to me. "That Slytherin girl hit you pretty hard."

"I'm fine." I sighed.

"Please don't hate me. Can we please still be friends?" He begged.

I closed my locker and looked up to make eye contact with him.

"I just need some time."

"Please-" he pleaded.

"I'm sorry." I turned around and walked out quickly.

...

I sat on the couch with Fred in the common room. I was studying and he was distracting me.

"Fred! I need to study, I can't fail McGonagall's test!" I laughed.

"You'll be fine! Come on let's have some fun!" He said.

"Help!" I heard Colin yell as he ran into the common room.