14

Year 6 (book 4)

"Thank you for inviting me to the Quidditch World Cup! I'm so excited." I said as we went to the port key.

"Our pleasure." Mr Weasley said.

"Arthur!" A voice called out. "It's about time!"

"Sorry Amos! Some of us had a sleepy start." Mr Weasley responded. "This is Amos Diggory." I saw a figure fall out of the tree in front of me and I squealed. "Ah you must be Cedric."

"Cedric you jerk!" I pushed him playfully.

"Nice to see you too, Josie." He faked being hurt. "But really good to see you." I leaned in a gave him a quick hug.

"I didn't know you knew him." Mr Weasley said.

"Friends from school." I smiled.

George's POV

I watched as a figure fell from the tree and Josie squeal and jump back.

"You must be Cedric." Dad said.

"Cedric you jerk!" Josie said and pushed him playfully. I felt my blood start to boil. Why am I so mad right now? They're just friends.

"Nice to see you too, Josie." He pouted. "But really good to see you." They quickly hugged and my blood boiled again.

"I didn't know you knew him." Dad said.

"Friends from school." She smiled. She had a gorgeous smile. See? Just. Friends.

...

Josie's POV

I heard as the boys were making fun of Ron in the other room, but I was too busy talking with Hermione.

"Sounds like the Irish got their pride on." Fred joked.

"Stop! Stop it!" Mr Weasley shouted. "It's not the Irish. We've got to get out of here. Now."

"What's going on?" I asked, but was ignored.

"Everyone back to the port key, and stick together!" Mr Weasley shouted.

"George what's going on!?" I held onto his arm, tight.

"I don't know, but stick with me! Keep hold of my arm! Don't for any reason let go!" He commanded, not like I was letting go anyway, at least not if I could help it.

George, Fred, Ginny, and I started running. Fred was holding on to Ginny and George was holding onto me. Had this been different circumstances, I would be losing my mind right now that George was holding me.

I felt someone run into me and my grip on George loosen. The person kept on pushing me to get past, until I let go and fell.

"Josie!" George yelled. "Josie!" I tried to get up but I couldn't, everyone passing kept pushing me down. I felt arms grab me and pick my up bridal style. I looked and saw Cedric. I threw my arms around his neck to make sure I didn't fall from him.

"Don't worry. I've got you." Cedric said.  We ran until we reached the port key, and I saw Fred, George, and Ginny a little away from us. We reached the port key and Cedric put me down.

"Thank you so much!" I said, giving Cedric a hug.

"No problem." He hugged me back.

"Thank Merlin you guys are okay!" I said hugging Ginny, then Fred and George.

"You were supposed to hold on to me." George said.

"I got pushed away. I tried to get up and get to you again but I kept being pushed down." I explained.

"Thank Merlin you're ok." He said and gave me a big hug.

George's POV

"Everyone back to the port key, and stick together!" Dad shouted.

"George what's going on!?" Josie grabbed onto my arm. I like having her arm on me. This is definitely, definitely, not the time.

"I don't know, but stick with me! Keep hold of my arm! Don't for any reason let go!" I told her.

Josie, Fred, Ginny, and I started running. Fred was holding on to Ginny and I was holding onto Josie. My heart is going insane, maybe for the fact we are in danger, or that Josie was holding onto my arm.

I felt someone run into Josie and he grip fall off. I turned around and she was on the ground.

"Josie!" I yelled. "Josie!" I tried to get past everyone to get her, but I couldn't, everyone passing kept pushing me back. I saw Cedric pick her up bridal style and I felt my jaw clench.

We ran until we reached the port key, and I saw Cedric put her down.

"Thank you so much!" Josie said, giving Cedric a hug.

"No problem." He hugged her back.

"They're just friends mate. Calm down." I guess Fred had caught on that I was getting kind of jealous.

"Thank Merlin you guys are okay!"Josie said as she hugged Ginny, then me and Fred.

"You were supposed to hold on to me." I said, my hands on her shoulder.

"I got pushed away. I tried to get up and get to you again but I kept being pushed down."

"Thank Merlin you're ok." I said and put my arms around her and held her close. I can't lose her.