33

There was another bright light and the death eaters disappeared from behind each of us. Nymphadora, Remus, George, and others appeared in front of us and everyone started throwing spells at each other.

"Are you alright!?" George asked running up to me.

"Yeah I'm fine!" I told him and pulled him behind a big rock. We started casting spells out. "I can't believe I let Ginny and Luna come!"

"I can't believe you let anyone leave the castle!" George said.

"They we're going whether I was coming or not! I couldn't let them leave alone! Come on we have to get them out of here!" I ran towards Ron, Hermione, Neville, Ginny, and Luna. "You all need to leave!"

"We can't leave with out you!" Hermione insisted.

"We don't have time to argue! Come on!" I yelled. I reached the flat land and watched dad knock Lucius down. I laughed as I heard Lucius groan.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Bellatrix yelled and hit my dad. My heart stopped. Dads face went blank and he go sucked into the empty archway.

"NOOOO!" I lunged forward but George pulled me back. "NO!" I cried. Tears started falling down my face.

I stood there for a few moments, taking in what just happened. Dad is dead. Dad died. He's gone.

"I'm so sorry." George said hugging me.

I held on to him tighter than I'd ever held onto him before. I just cried. That's all I could do. Remus came over after a while and pulled me off of George, who was about suffocating because of how tight I held him.

"He's- he's-" I sobbed out.

"I know. I know." Remus hugged me. We have to go. We can't stay here. We have to get you back to Hogwarts."

"I don't want to go back." I cried.

"It's the end of the year. All you have to do is pack your things. It will be a week. You have to go back." He insisted.

I got up and gave George and Remus a hug and was sent with floo powder back to Hogwarts.

...

"You alright Harry?" I asked walking into his room as he packed. He just stood there. "I know how you're feeling."

"No you don't." He said quietly. What? "It's my fault."

"It's not your fault, Harry. You didn't know that Bellatrix would do that."

"But I couldn't save him."

"Sometimes we can't save everyone Harry. No matter how hard we try, we can't save everyone. I know it's hard right now, but it will get better. We'll get through this together. This isn't easy for either of us." I sighed and gave him a hug. "It's not your fault Harry."

"I'm sorry." He cried into my shoulder. "Here I am complaining about losing him, making you comfort me, while I should be comforting you."

"We'll comfort each other." I said, giving him a tight squeeze and letting go. "Harry if you need anything, anything at all, write me a letter, and I will help you. We're each other's family."