Chapter Five

***Asher POV 1st person*** 

Valerie walks in silence beside me as we continue deep into the woods. She has been silent since she killed that woman who tried to kill her and she hasn't been sleeping although it looks like she hasn't been sleeping for a while. I looked up at the opening that was coming up and the buildings there. 

"Valerie," I said and she looked at me with tired eyes. "We are here." She seems to suddenly come back to life as she looked at the village before us. 

"This is it?" She asked and I rested my hand on her shoulder and I was surprised that she didn't try to take my hand off her shoulder she looked at me with a smile I have never seen her point at me. "Yeah, the mansion all the way down there is where my family is." She looked at me grabbing my wrist. 

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" She began to pull me down the road heading for the mansion. People began to rush back into their houses as they saw me. People used to come out to shout out my name as I returned home from long travels until I became who I am today. I looked down at my feet as I felt people's eyes burn into Valerie's hand on my wrist. We stepped into the mansion past the guards who let me in. Once we were in Valerie let me go and lingered behind me taking in her surroundings. Suddenly a woman who was my mother's maid stepped out into the hall.

"Your parents have heard you have arrived with a pregnant woman." The maid said as her eyes lingered on Valerie. I could hear Valerie and I placed a hand on her shoulder squeezing it. 

"Wow, gossip spreads fast here," Valerie said giving a nervous laugh.

"Haha yeah," I said uneasily as the maid lead us to the throne room. There my mother and father sat looking regal on their thrones. I bowed down onto my knees and tapped Valerie to do the same. She curtsied as low as she could with her 3-month stomach.

"Rise my dear." My mother said.

"Rise my son." My father's voice boomed through the room. I slowly raised and I looked at Valerie.

"What is your name girl?" My father demanded.

"Valerie your Highness," Valerie says in a confident voice even though I could feel the fear coming off of her. 

"I must say you are beautiful, absolutely stunning!" My mother says in her shrill voice.

"I must say I'm surprised my son found has found such a beauty that can stand his nasty personality. " My father says and I flinch. "He was once a kind person and he has now become the monster that everyone fears we are." Valerie stood silently.

"Father our relationship-" I went to deny the kind of relationship he was saying we had.

"That is an awful way to talk about your son! Someone who has your blood running through him! Your son may be rough on the outside but once you get to know him he is very kind, caring, and there for me. We are not courting or here to ask permission for marriage." She said as she saw his father looking at her ring and 3-month belly utterly confused and shocked. "You see I was turned into a hybrid and since this transformation, I have been sired to Asher and I need to know a cure for it before my child is born. Asher says you may know the cure. So please you Highness, tell us what it is." Valerie begged but I already know is he wasn't really thinking about this as he stroked his beard.

"Okay, Valerie. Let's make a deal." My father said standing from his throne. "If you can prove to me that my son has truly become a caring person in a week I will give you all I know about the sire bond." I snarled.

"You are a bastard! Why would we stay here-"

"Okay deal!" Valerie immediately agreed and I swang my head around looking at her with an insulted and surprised look. 

"Valerie." I grabbed her elbow. "You think if I liked my Mother and Father I would have come back here already!?" I said turning our back to my parents. "Look if we go on a few dates and spend time together smiling and laughing and whatever we can prove-"

"Excellent! We have a room all set up for you!" Valerie and I whipped our heads around.

"A room!?" We shouted at the same time. 

"Oh, you Highness we need our own rooms!" Valerie claimed as she gives a quick curtsy.

"Nonsense you guys are practically married," Valerie growled as my mother made a dismissing hand wave. Valerie looked at me and I gave her a pointed look.

"Now you see why I don't like them?" I whispered to her.

"I heard that!" My mother said and I rolled my eyes while groaning. 

"Look what you got us into." My upper lip twitched wanting to go into a snarl. 

"It's fine this could work to our advantage," Valerie said as she tapped her chin with her pointed finger curved. 

"I must say your logic is flawless but I hate it. I do not want to stay here for a week!" 

"Fine why don't we try to prove it to them in 3 days?" Valerie says. 

"We would like to go to our room now," I said covering Valerie before she says her plans. My mother claps excitedly. 

"Show them to their room please." My mother says to the maid that met us at the door. 

***Valerie POV 1st Person***

I glared as Asher covered my mouth in the middle of me talking as he asked for the room. I bit his hand and he pulled his hand away like nothing happened and it made my blood boil. He asks to be taken to our room and we were led deep into the mansion by the maid that met us at the door. Asher's face was stuck in an annoying face and I wanted to choke him out all I could think with my face in a resting bitch face. We need to get out of here as soon as possible or me and Asher will end up tearing each other apart. We cannot be in a room together for a week without tearing each other apart. The maid opens the door to a big room and stands outside the doorway.

"Thank you so much really I appreciate it," Asher says as he pulls me in by my arm and I groaned at him. I furrowed my brows and thought if he doesn't let go I may snap his wrist but I knew I wouldn't because he has helped me and I do genuinely think he has good inside him. He just rubs me the wrong way, you know turning me into a hybrid against my will and all. He shuts the door and leans against it.

"So what I was thinking-" I began to say wanting to get straight to it. 

"Shh." My brows began to twitch in annoyance.

"Listen shush me one more time whether physically or verbally I will get violent," I growled to him as he completely ignored me and looked out the cracked door. "Are you even listening?" I whispered angrily.

He shut the door and sighed. "Listen I had to make sure everyone is gone so we can keep our plan safe from being spoiled and making us stay here longer than necessary."