Chapter Fifteen

***Asher POV 3rd person***
Asher wakes up to hearing light voices coming from the living room. He sat up slowly brushing his fingers through his hair. He pulls on some sweat and a white flowy shirt as he walked out of his room heading down the stairs for coffee. He hears his brother talking to someone in the room but he ignores him. Force of habit.
He fills up a cup and put a little sugar and heads into the living room to see Daisy chatting Alex's ear off.
"Ah good morning Asher!" Daisy says with a bright smile blinding him. Today her hair was up in a bun with a french braided chunk. She wore a white dress with gold trim off the shoulder puffy sleeves and pink underlayer.
"Morning," Asher grumbles sitting on the couch as far from her as he could. He sets his coffee down and Daisy looks at the dark liquid in the cup.
"Wow straight black coffee?"
"Yes like my soul," Asher replied. Daisy covers her mouth with her hand.
"He's lying. He puts sugar in it instead of creamer so it looks like black coffee." Alex says as he sips a cup of blood. Asher's face turns red as he glared at his brother.
"That is not true."
"Oh." Daisy giggles. "So you aren't as badass as you try to seem."
"What!? I'm totally badass. You fucking Princess! You know I'm an actual Prince!' Daisy giggles.
"Wow really!? That's so cool." Alex stands up with a mischievous grin.
"I just remember I have business to attend to. Keep Daisy company while I'm gone!"
"Alex don't you dare fucking leave me here with her! You better make her leave!"
"BYE!" Alex shouts slamming the door behind him. Asher glares and looks beside him to find Daisy gone. He screams quickly looking for her to find her simply looking at the books on the shelves behind their world globe cooler.
"Wow, these are some amazing books," Daisy says brushing her finger across the spines. Asher rolls his eyes as she continued to wander the room. He sips down his coffee.
"Wow, these are amazing!" Daisy says as she looks through a pile of papers."Who is this girl? She is stunning." Daisy said showing a sketch that Asher had done himself a long time ago.
"HEY, DON'T TOUCH THAT!" Asher shouts snatching the papers from her. Daisy quivers and looks down.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to." Asher sighs.
"No, I'm sorry. It's just these are, private." He said shoving them onto a top shelf.
"Are they important to you?" She asked sitting beside him.
"Not anymore." Daisy looks at him curiously.
"Then why do you keep them?" Asher looks at her surprised.
"Well, I um..." Daisy rests her hand on his shoulder.
"I know I have no right to say this but, it is always best to let go of the past trust me. I'm someone who has experienced this kind of thing." She said giving a sad smile and Asher couldn't help but feel they were the same in a way.
"Well, maybe you can let me sketch you? I haven't done it in a while I may be a bit rusty." Asher laughs stretching his cheek.
"Sure!" Daisy said excitedly. "Although I'm not very good at staying still." She tilts her head with a grin. Her skin was somewhat pale and her cheeks pink. She had wide eyes and long lashes. She is very pretty. Asher smacked himself mentally. What on earth was he thinking? He leaves the room and returns with charcoal, a pencil, an eraser, and a sketchbook. He flips to the next empty page.
"So just trying to stay in the same profile. For example side profile or front profile."
"Right." She grabs a book from the shelf and sits on the floor her skirts spreading around her and began to read the book. Asher focuses on her face first. It was narrow yet rounded. He started out with a basic sketch of her face and how she was sitting and did a rough sketch of the objects around her. Daisy was very much aware of Asher's intense gaze as he tries to get the shapes of her nose, eyes, and face shape. He then began to sketch her dress spread out around her before finally erasing the base and making it more realistic. She really seemed into that book but every time he looked back down at his paper Daisy was looking at him taking in his features despite her not drawing him. She began to hum a beautiful harmony as Asher continued his work. When he finished everything he began to add the details to her clothes, the book, her golden hair in a bun, and her loose stray curls. When he finished that he used the charcoal to do shading after he erased the extra lines. Before they knew it the sun was almost down. He finished it and put the date and his signature down. He handed it to Daisy and she smiled.
"Wow. My art isn't this good. I wish. Valerie has always been more talented than me." Daisy says with a smile. There was a lot in common between these two but there was one big difference. Daisy covered her pain with happiness and Asher covered it with a facade of being a monster he wasn't.
"Well, I should start sketching more huh? It's a little rusty. I made quite a few mistakes."
"No way really? Where?! I don't see any!" Daisy said staring hard at the drawing. Asher laughs stunning himself.
"Well..." He pointed out the small mistakes he made and Daisy immediately said that they were small no one but him would notice.
"Well, it's a small side effect of being a vampire," Asher said.
"I suppose so. That can be a good and bad thing." Daisy says. "I better leave. It's late. Don't want people to get the wrong impression." She said with a smile.
"For sure. It is a small village." Asher agrees as he walks her to the door.
"Bye, Asher."
"Bye Princess," Asher says snarkily. She just shakes her head at his sarcastic nickname and begins to head down the path
"Princess!" Asher says without thinking. She turns to look back at him. Why did he say that?!
"Um... I-I'm thinking about burning those sketches tomorrow." She nods her head with a smile before turning to walk away again. "Um, do you want to join me?" Daisy blushed. No one had shown interest in her except for alphas that she was not interested in. Asher wonders what the heck his brain... Wait no his heart was thinking. As he stood there in the doorway his heart beating like crazy in his chest.
"Sure." She said before walking away and he stood there frozen in the doorway. She said yes? Well, it's not a big deal it's just burning sketches of Camille. An ex that broke his heart and made him this way. Maybe if he burns them it will make it easier for him to change. He slowly shut the door before heading to his room and laying in his bed. She is just a substitute for Valerie. He tried to convince himself. Daisy lay in her bed blushing thinking about what happened. It isn't a date. She tried to reason with herself.
"Oh you know he wants you." Her wolf says confidently.
"You are rather flirtatious for a wolf with a mate," Daisy says in her head.
"Oh, Asher is fine! Why would I want to miss this opportunity? Besides so much hotter than Raymon." Daisy sighs.
"You are way hornier than me. Must suck for you."
"It does!" Her wolf whines. Daisy laughs.
"It's not a date. He just wants to burn pages of those sketches. I suggest he let go of the past. I'm just being a supportive friend."
"Sure. You know you want him."
"If you don't shut the hell up..!"
"Fine. Fine." Her wolf goes silent and she sighs contently as she falls asleep thinking about which dress she should wear tomorrow.