𝘋𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘮 𝘹 𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘺𝘶𝘬𝘪 🎄 𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦

[ Canon Departure
Advisory ]

[ ɪꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱʜɪᴘ ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜɴɴᴇᴄᴇꜱꜱᴀʀʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ ]

🎄𝘿𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙢 𝙭 𝘾𝙝𝙞𝙮𝙪𝙠𝙞
𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙚
𝙔𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝘽𝙖𝙡𝙡 🎄

Chiyuki idly looks at the glass of Martini laid out in front of her as she leans her cheek on her hand.

She felt like she was missing something. She couldn't point a finger on it but something felt off about today as if she was running late.

Decim sees the distressed look upon her face and lightly taps her on the shoulder. "Miss Chiyuki could I help you with something? Do you not want the Martini?"

Chiyuki looks up at him and shakes her head. She places a finger below her chin and sighs, "I just feel like I'm forgetting something," she pats Decim's shoulder, "You could look into my memories right? Could you quite possibly check what I'm missing today?" she kindly asks.

Unfortunately, Decim shakes his head.

"I'm afraid I can't do that," he responds. Chiyuki just sighs and nods, hanging her head down low with a resigned look on her face. "Although would you like to talk about what you're currently feeling?"

Chiyuki slowly lifts her head up and nods. Decim steps behind the bar and starts to grab the towels and wiping the glass, he takes vanilla vodka, white chocolate liqueur, and creme de cocoa, vigorously mixing it then garnishing the rim of the martini glass with sugar.

He pushes it towards Chiyuki and she looks at it in awe. "It looks like it's sparkling,"

"It's a White Christmas Martini," he explains before resuming to clean the glass apparatus. Chiyuki takes a sip and is impressed by the taste. She then leans her chin on her palm and clears her throat.

"I feel...somewhat restless," she starts explaining, "As if I shouldn't just be sitting here, like I'm running late for an active event,"

Decim simply nods in acknowledgment, letting Chiyuki know that she could keep on talking. "And, I feel like it's too quiet here," she sighs and takes a gulp of the martini.

"Do you not like the music?" he asks, Chiyuki shakes her head, "No, it's not that," she sighs and bites her lip in anticipation. "I just feel like...like it should be more..festive," she stumbles upon her words.

Decim remembers something Ginti's companion stated when he visited his floor. 'Geez Ginti, take me to the Yule~'

"Perhaps something to do with the human tradition, Christmas?" he asks her bluntly as her eyes widen, feeling at thumping in her chest as she nods. "I- I'm not sure but my heart is pounding right now,"

Decim pulls out a small notebook from under the counter, Chiyuki peering over it curiously as he looks towards the empty game area of the bar. He glances towards the glass panel that separated the dolls and then back to Chiyuki.

"Perhaps humans often attend parties during this season," he keeps the notebook. "Miss Chiyuki, does a Yuletide ball ring a bell?" he politely asks. She contemplates for a bit before feeling a sudden rush of nostalgia without seeing anything related to what Decim just said. "That must be it!"

Decim, looking pleased, manipulates the strings that functioned around and cover's Chiyuki's eyes. She yelps quietly and gently places a hand over Decim's, making sure that his hand won't slip off. She suddenly feels a soft, velvet, and sheer cloth beneath her other hand.

Decim removes his hand while she suddenly feels a drop in temperature. She opens her eyes to see a white dress with blue embroideries and beyond her was a gazebo filled with lit candles and a layer of snow.

'That's right,' Chiyuki subconsciously stands from her seat while clutching the dress she was holding, 'There was a yearly Yuletide Ball for skaters,' she places a hand over her thumping heart. Decim was just quietly standing at the end of the bar.

"You can get dressed at the restrooms," he politely points. Chiyuki nods excitedly and rushes towards the stalls. She strips all of her clothing to see the chipped paint over her wrist. She was rather thankful she was given a bit more time to spend with Decim as she smiles and puts on the dress.

It was a beautiful A-line dress that brushed against the floor slightly. The material was thick and the collar reached her neck lined with thin faux fur but there were slits on the sleeves for accessibility.

She hears a pin drop. She looks down by her feet and moves the skirt to see a hair accessory. It was a stalk of mistletoe adorned with diamond snowflakes and ruby Poinsettias. She bends over and picks it up.

Unlatching it from the node-like lock, she places it on her hair and tucks a stray strand behind her ear. She smiles at herself, feeling warmth burst in her chest.

She clutches the skirt and sees Decim wearing a simple white coat lined with red along the trims. He had a Poinsettia as a broach and his hair was still the same. He spots Chiyuki and like a gentleman he is, he holds out his arm for her to take.

"How'd you make it?" she asks him as they walk along with the crowds of disguised dolls. It appeared as if they were really in a real gathering.

"It's an illusion, I can actually retain it now because it's less stressful to make, I'm sorry if I can't show your memories,"

Chiyuki shakes her head and pats Decim's arm, "You don't need to worry, it's alright," she holds out her hand as a snowflake lands on her palm. "Besides, this is much for me already," she gratefully glances over at Decim who acknowledges her caring glance.

They make their way into the relatively huge gazebo.

"What do you usually do?" Decim asks while Chiyuki tries to recall.

"I think it was dancing," she explains. Decim nods in confusion, "I'm sorry Miss Chiyuki, I do not know how to dance,"

She chuckles and glances down at their bodies. "Umm, I cannot recall much but, I'm pretty sure your hands go below mine," she holds their hands up, "And the back of your hand comes into contact with my back," she points.

"Is it alright for you Miss Chiyuki?" Decim asks, surprisingly in a more curious voice rather than his monotonous one.

"Yeah, it's fine."

They stand there, Chiyuki's hand on his shoulder as they're unsure of what to do next. Decim then gently tugs Chiyuki as the piano starts playing a small festive song to pair their dancing. The jazz vibe echoes throughout the room while both of them awkwardly move about.

Decim takes a sudden step as Chiyuki almost stumbles, giggling away the very unsure atmosphere they had. He apologizes before resuming the unassertive movement, both slow and stiff.

Chiyuki relaxed a bit into Decim's arms, carefully getting it as they glide around the small confined space. They make their way down the gazebo, dancing slowly while both of them feel the atmosphere go a bit soft.

Their moves are now slightly smooth, Decim and Chiyuki silently going in sync.

Decim sees the very satisfied and happy face on Chiyuki's face, feeling elation in his cold arbiter heart, wanting to treasure the moments he spent with the precious human.

They go on as the music continues to play softly.

And in that moment of elation and peace, the two danced in sync as they basked in each other's warm presence despite being in the limbo of the dead. And at least just for now, they were in complete happiness.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I enjoyed writing this!!

I absolutely love love love Death Parade but the feels are too much sometimes so I turned it around a bit. This is supposedly a fix-it fic where Chiyuki has jagged memory even after the events of ep 13.

She only remembers things when there is a trigger so she gets to spend a bit more time with Decim.