Chapter 35

I practically growled as Sweet Pea and I walked into the house, after Jones told me for now we weren't gonna do anything I got annoyed and put River in his car seat telling sweet pea I wanted to go home. I set the car seat on the counter before carefully taking River out as Sweet Pea kissed my cheek telling me he was going to go take a shower. I dropped down onto the couch cradling River as Vegas ran up sitting down next to placing his head on my leg as he just watched little River move around. I was so angry that Mikey would fake his own death and actually be alive and a member of the Ghoulies. I can't believe he would leave me alone with Marcus knowing exactly how he treated me. I started to think that maybe I drove him away, maybe im the reason he did all of this. Maybe he was sick of always having to save me from Marcus that he saw this as his only way out. I was so deep in my own thoughts that I didn't even notice Dad sit down next me. "Everything ok sweetheart?" he asked looking at me snapping me from my terrible thoughts. "Mikey faked his own death. Jughead and Toni saw him at the ghoulies hangout when they went to get Fangs bike back after some guy stole it." I said as I carefully handed River over to him before noticing Archie sat right behind him. "He's the son your mother had with Marcus before they broke up the first time and me and her got together right?" Dad asked just wanting to clarify. I just nodded as tears once again began to flow making Dad hand River to Sweet Pea who just walked into the living room drying his hair before he carefully pulled me into a hug. "Oh Jamie I'm so sorry sweetie." He said rubbing my back. "How could he do this to me? Did I drive him away?" I sobbed. Sweet Pea frowned bending down in front of me adjusting River in his arms as he did so. "Look at me." He whispered gently once he was at eye level with me. I looked up into his eyes seeing pure sadness in them.  "Do not blame yourself for this alright you did absolutely nothing wrong ok." He said before kissing my cheek. Once I calmed down we realized it was getting late and Sweet Pea went to put River to bed while I went to shower. As I stood under the hot water I decided right then and there I was going to get to the bottom of this whole situation and figure out the truth. I was going to go after Mikey.