16 : Ride

BAS' POV

"Phi.."

We're about to go home and I saw P'Cop just finished his call..

"Nong?"

"Can I take you home?"

A smile slowly creep to Phi's lips looking amused.. Well, I usually have packed schedule, but I asked P'Oh to free me tonight.. even just tonight, so I can go along with him home..

"I.. Please Phi.. Can we talk? We're all wo--"

*Beep *Beep

We turned together. On the other side of the road, there's a black car and I knew it's not P'Copter's car.. I grabbed Phi's wrist to pull him so we can talk somewhere else..

"Wait.. wait.. Ba--"

We heard the car door open that called our attention..

"Any problem?"

He asked..

I knew him..

"There's none.. Can you give me a minute? I'll just talk to our Nong and I'll be back.."

P'Cop looked troubled explaining but..

Why the hell is he here??

"Bas.. Junior drove all the way here from the other city to send me home.."

"But Phi.. I also free my schedule so we can have time.."

"Nong.. We'll find time for that but not now.. I'm sorry Bas.."

P'Cop intertwined our fingers trying to comfort me but, I can't help not to feel upset..

Phi turned to Junior's direction, and he just nodded..

"I'll introduce the two of y--"

"No need Phi.. No need of introductions with him.."

I mean it. I really mean it. Even us heard the rumors about him and Phi..

"Bas.. He offered to me first.. I can't just reject him now.."

"I know Phi.."

The air was full of tension, but.. I don't want to let go of Phi right away.. With his hand holding my hand, reminds me of Phi's warmth that I miss..

"He's also tired.. I can't make him wait for long.."

"If he can't wait, he can just go home.."

"Nong.. He didn't do anything wrong.. Please don't treat him that way.."

Phi leaned and kissed my cheek..

"You're scowling and glaring Nong.. Thank you for your offer but I'll see you tomorrow.."

P'Cop let go of my hand and pinched my nose..

"Bye Nong.. Good night.. Be careful on your way.."

I nodded with the awareness that Phi was just trying to be patient of how unpleasant my face right now is..

But I'm too unwilling to hide my disapproval.

I hate him.