Potential

Tuesday March 13, 2020 (same day)

Dani pov

I chewed on my lip watching Chris read the lyrics I just wrote. I finished it in 15 minutes and he happened to pop up right before I made the stupid decision to erase it all.

I was nervous he wasn't going to like it and almost re-wrote it but he came in because he finished his meeting early with the artist he's going to collab with.

"Yo... this is good", he finally spoke.

"Your lying", I denied.

"No I'm not if I was another person I would've thought you were a professional lyricist or a ghost writer, for someone who's new to this your almost better then half these writers out here".

"You think so?", I mumbled.

"I know so, I mean look at this", he said showing me my notes

Oh, cover the window
And come uncover me
Let's forget the world even exists
'Cause nothing compares to this

"Like the low-key word play you used is clever", he complimented.

"Wow thanks Reese that means a lot", I smiled.

"No problem you got potential foreal. I really want to record it now but I have a meeting with some executives in 2 hours so I have to drop you off", he explained.

"That's fine, gives me more time to analyze and edit what I have", I reassured while picking up my coat.

"In my opinion it's fine the way it is but whatever you do is your decision, I want you to be as comfortable with the process as possible", he spoke softly.

I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around his waist to give him a hug, "and that means a lot because it shows you care".

"Of course I do you my best friend", he laughed while hugging me back.

"Alright pleaseeeee take me to chic fil a before you drop me off", I pleaded.

"I gotchu".

He locked the doors and we made our way to the elevators. When we got off the elevator we seen Mindy stand by the door talking to a dude in a grey and pink suit.

I was going to walk past when she noticed me.

"Oouu Dani c'mere", she gestured.

"Hey what's up?", I asked walking over to her.

Chris followed closely behind me to be nosy usual.

"I wanted to know if you were free saturday?", she quickly asked.

Before I could answer Chris quickly interjected by greeting the man Mindy was talking to.

"Yoo wassup Mark", he said dapping up Mark.

"Wassup breezy, and who is this?", he asked pointing at me.

"Oh my bad this my best friend, Dani", he introduced.

I held my hand out to shake his hand, "pleasure to meet you", I smiled.

"Pleasure is all mine", he responded warmly.

"He is the head of the RCA label, he was the one who gave me my record deal", he added smugly.

"Best business decision I ever made", Mark added.

We all laughed but my laugh was one of those adult type laughs where you have to laugh at a certain joke or people look at you funny.

"I actually have to go to a meeting though, breezy don't be late for yours and it was nice meeting you Dani", he spoke quickly.