23: Hawkmoth

Hawkmoth

.

.

.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng is Ladybug"

Revebattle muttered and Hawkmoth heard it. A sly smirk slowly covered his face as his lips twitched up.

"I finally know who ladybug is! Can you believe it Nathalie"

He glanced over his shoulder but he only found Nathalie looking at the ground. He turned around and gave her a questioning eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"

He asked. He expected a smile or support firm his assistant but Nathalie looked at him with sadness on her eyes.

"Sir......your son"

"Adrien? What about him?"

"He....loves her"

Hawkmoth was shocked. Adrien loves Ladybug? Adrien loves Marinette? Wasn't he dating Kagami?

"He is dating Tsurugi's daughter"

Nathalie shook her head and cleneche her hand. She looked up with a stern face directly looking at Hawkmoth.

"He isn't anymore. He doesn't love Kagami. And you would know that, if you talked with your son"

Nathalie spat out and Hawkmoth was taken back. Hsi assistant was talking to him like that? He wasn't angry. He was hurt. Nathalie always supported him but why now?

"What happened Nathalie?"

"You happened"

"What?"

"Sir with all due respect, I get that you miss your wife but you shouldn't abandon your son. She was also his mother. He was also affected"

"I know that! I am doing this for him. I am doing this for us!"

"But that isn't what he wants"

"How would you know? What does he fucking want?!"

"He wants his father. He wants his father to be proud of him and not look at him coldly. He loves his father but you don't appreciate that"

Hawkmoth dropped his cane and looked at her. Her voice nor her face didn't fall and she continued.

"He needs his father. Not the man who would trade a life for someone's time that has ended. Please understand, will bringing her back fix the void you made with your son?"

"How would she react when you coldly commanded your son. Her son. She loves you and she wants you to be happy without her"

"No No! Sto-"

"I know Chat Noir's identity now"

"We'll continue this later"

Hawkmoth said sternly before turning forward again. He stared at the window, waiting for Revebattle to whisper the identity of the hero.

"He's...."

Hawkmoth eagerly waited. Tapping his foot for her next words. Nathalie couldn't bare to look at the man. The man who used to be so loving. Who used to be so happy.