24: Dinner

Dinner
This chapter is dedicated to chatterbug9
Thank you for being kind ❤️
.

.

.

"Adrien. Your father wants you at dinner"

Adrien nodded.

"I'll be there"

Nathalie closed his door with a slam. Plagg got out of his hiding spot and smirked at the kid.

"Don't"

"She won. You lost"

"Dammit Plagg!"

Adrien finished putting all of his clothes while getting to hear the fucking laugh of his kwami.

"Ladybug is stealing your girlfriend~"

"I know"

Adrien pouted and tied his shoes. Plagg deadpanned. He wanted to smack this kid.

"There's cheese in my dresser"

Plagg left immediately while Adrien got out. Ready to meet his father. He walked there with worry on his stomach.

Walking these floors that used to be so shiny was now dull. Walking these halls used to be bright but now it feels so damn empty. The atmosphere used to be so calm and joyous now it was just so lost and lonely.

This happened because his mother disappeared. His father shut him out. They used to be such a perfect family and he wanted it again.

The loss of his mother filled a hole in his heart. Slowly healing piece by piece but when he was around her, she made him feel alive. She made him want to look forward for the very next day.

She made him feel happy.
She fixed the void his mother made.
She was his. He was hers.

He opened the door that led to the dining room. He saw his father with his hands on his chin. Waiting for his son.

"Good evening father"

He said hesitantly before taking a seat. Nathalie snapped her fingers and chefs prepared their meals.

He looked at the spaghetti displayed before him. He wasn't supposed to eat things like this. His father would strictly tell him that he should be on a diet.

"Go on. Eat it Adrien"

Adrien glanced up and saw that his father has already started eating. He frowned.

"I'm not supposed to eat this?"

"I got rid of that rule"

"Why?"

"Because, I've realized that I've been making my son unhappy"

Adrien looked at his father unsurely with shock. Gabriel Agreste did one of the most unimaginable thing.

He smiled. He smiled at his son. Teeth shown with lips twitched upwards. He gave his son a wide smile.

"D-did you smile?"

"I suppose I did. Now Adrien, your pasta is getting cold"

His father took a bite from his salad. Adrien blinked before a huge grin took over his face as he began eating.

My father cares.....

®®®

Adrien was in his bed. Laying down with his face looking at the ceiling. He had a huge grin on his face.