25: Plan

Plan

.

.

.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng"

The woman tapped her foot and crossed her arms. She looked at this bluenette with unamusement while the man beside her looked at the bluenette with worry.

Marinette gulped and was playing with the hem of her shirt. Then the woman finally talked with an unusually calm deadly voice.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Care to explain for hiding this from us?"

"Honey I think we shou-"

"Don't interfere Tom"

And that's all it took for her husband to shut the hell up. Tom Dupain-Cheng looked at his daughter and gave an apologetic face.

"I'll go make some tea..."

He trailed off awkwardly while Marinette's eyes begged him to stay. Tom walked faster and slammed the door quietly.

"I know you might be mad..."

"Mad? I an furious! I am your mother and you should've told me!"

"But dad's totally okay with it...."

The bluenette muttered but her mom's eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

"Do I looked like Tom to you?"

"N-no"

"You should've told me. You should've told me that his father was going to invite you to dinner! And I had to fucking message my friend asap for a dress!"

Marinette blinked and looked at her in disbelief but her mom was still fuming.

"Is that what you're mad about?"

"Yes! You can't wear those jeans everyday! This is a dinner and you must be dressed up nicely!"

Her mother scolded and walked out because the door bell was ringing.

"She's not mad about me dating Adrien?"

"Of course not! You two are made for each other. Just promise me some kids and I'll spare you from my wrath"

Marinette blushed bright. She shouted while her mom smirked with amusement.

"Mom! We're too young!"

"Oh but you didn't deny that you'll be having them"

"Mom!"

"If I recall, some strangers heard you making baby names for your three kids"

"NO NO! YOU SHALL NOT HUMILIATE ME"

"I think it was two boys and one girl? You also named your pet hamster-"

"Mom! Please stop!"

"You already have 53 gifts for his 53rd birthday-"

"Fine! I'll promise you kids alright?! And I'll wear the dress!"

Marinette grabbed the box that her mom was holding. Stomped upstairs leaving footprints tinted with embarassment and slammed her room shut.

She could her both of her parents laughing at her irony. She also heard Tikki giggling.