2: Same

§ Adrien §

Same

Dull. Everything was just so damn dull. Why? Why is it dull?

She's not her. She's not ladybug. I tried to let my mind encourage me that she may not be as bad as I think but no, my mind had another perspective.

Ladybeetle was not Ladybug. She was her replacement.

She's not even close to ladybug.

I'm deeply sorry Kagami but I just can't picture you to be even close to be my lady.

She wasn't kind. She was bold. She does not think. She was blunt. She barely speaks to me and defeats all the akumas by herself.

What's the point of being a duo when only one is actually useful?

It's been a year. A whole year yet she does not even speak to me, yet alone, glance at me.

Everytime I talk, she rolls her eyes and says that she's not interested and has set her eyes at the one and only,

Adrien Agreste.

If only she knew

No matter how hard I tried. She can never be my one and only ladybug. Even Alya stopped posting the Ladyblog once she found out that Ladybug was gone and Ladybeetle was now here.

Alya did not like the new ladybug since Ladybeetle keeps forgetting about Chat Noir. Alya was a ladybug fan but she sided with Chat Noir since Marinette seemed to be more fond of him.

So she stopped posting and only posted on her blog about Chat Noir.

We're broken. Without the real Ladybug. Without Marinette.

Marinette

A name that I wish I should've paid attention to. A girl who I never really noticed but a mere friend.

If she's just a friend then why do I feel so damn empty inside. Ladybug has a reason to leave, saying that Master Fu would train her for upcoming powerful villains.

And Chat Noir should stay behind and be Paris' protector without his partner's presence.

Huh.

Funny that I'm not even the one whose protecting Paris. It was all Ladybeetle because I'll always be the sidekick in their eyes.

Except for Marinette's eyes.

She was so defensive of people forgetting about Chat Noir. She even yelled at a person bad mouthing him and that triggered something inside.

Marinette didn't even message him once. She changed her number, always going to voicemail.

Even Alya couldn't get a hold of her. Her parents assured them that she was fine and well. Tom and Sabine had told us several times that she was on training and no phones were allowed there for a year.

They didn't exactly say what training but they don't seem worried at all which is weird for the couple.

It's been a year and he didn't receive a single text from her. He kept messaging her number yet he received no reply or such.

He sighed.

My lady, I miss you. Marinette, please come back.

They were both important people in his life. After his father shut him out a year ago, the numbers of Akumas had increased but Ladybeetle seemed to handle it all.

And there's also Kagami.

Kagami tried to get his attention but he could only scoff at her different treatments to both of his sides.

She tried. And she still did. And he was tired of it. Tired of all this, tired of missing them.

Chloe even changed. After reading Marinette's text but she wouldn't let her classmates glance, not even Sabrina.

Lila left. And he was satisfied to the point where he danced at the annoying girl being gone.

But it's not the same.

Even with all these new changes for good. He wanted Marinette back. He wanted Ladybug back.

Things will never be the same. Intriguing how a year can make such big impacts and changes in their lives.

He tried looking for clues that would've let him find Marinette. His Marinette.

.

.

.

Wha-

.

Wait a damn minute.

.

My Marinette?

.

What the actual fudge?!

.

Since when did I-

.

"Oh for the love of cheese on that devouring plate. How could you be so damn dense?!"

.

Plagg yelled at his owner before munching back on his cheese.

.

"How-did you read my mind?!"

.

The blonde boy stuttered with a big blush on his cheeks as he failed to glare at his so called kwami.

.

Plagg blinked and rose an eyebrow which should be impossible for a kwami.

.

"Are you kidding me?"

.

Plagg asked in disbelief.

.

"NO, are you kidding me?"

.

Adrien glared. Suspicious of the secret telkenesis his kwami had.

.

"Kid"

.

Plagg snorted.

.

.

.

"You've been narrating yourself"

And that's all it took for Plagg to blackmail Adrien with a simple recording.

Adrien- 0
Plagg- 1

.

"You know you're still narrating yourself right?"

.

"Shut up Plagg!"

.

"Why did you even narrate myself snorting kid??"

.

"I swear-"