PAGE 19

Rei P.O.V

"I'm guessing Unato will be there."

"It's too late to get cold feet now I tried talking you out of this and you know what you said to me."

Dabi is still upset about me using myself as bate to catch Unato after we spread the rumor that he and I got together and now we plan on killing Hawks so we can be together I had a theory that she'd kill me first before letting that happen and Dabi was sure my idea was bogus, but now he's acting like it's going to work.

"Why did you let the boys tag along if you know she will come after us? Why start acting like it will work when you were sure it won't?"

"Because I took time to think it over, because this is a crazy idea and where they are concerned just trust that I will keep them safe. I have to"

I smile and he groans. He looks like He's getting pissed more and more with every mile we take. "Dabi, something's off. What's on your mind?"

"Aiden, I need to know that no matter what happens you'll look out for him, I don't know if I'll make it out of this mess and my priority will be you and the twins."

"Dabi are you implying that we're just going to hold you back?" Dammit , "Stop the car we're going back."

Dabi looks at me and I finally get it. He's getting cold feet too. I take my phone to call  Keigo, but Dabi snatches it from me. "We won't get another chance to capture her."

"I don't care Dabi, what's the point if it means losing you. Aiden still needs his father and She'll get what's hers, but not like this Dabi."

Hawks P.O.V

I knew following them was a good idea and I don't trust that they won't suddenly crash with the way they are arguing.

I sit on top of the car and listen to them finally agree on parking on the side of the road to turn back, "There, what now?"

"Keigo is close I know it, let's just wait on him."

"He would never abandon his post."

"And heroes would never work with villains, but these are trying times and being as pig headed as you are will get you killed."

"I deserve to die, maybe it's what I want."

"DABI SHUT THE HELL UP!" Rei yells and I open the door to see Rei grabbing him by the collar and her face barely an inch away.

"I think the moment you left you lost her."

I turn around and realise that the boys have been quiet throughout the entire ride and that should be impossible, "Well I'll be Rei, you were right. Take the car and don't look back."

Dabi steps out of the car and Rei smiles at me taking the driver seat and leaving me to deal with Unato as Dabi's partner. "First chance I get to leave you for dead I'm taking it. You might be her friend, but you're not mine."

"Fine, roll over and catch fire for all I care I don't need you anyway."

"You two love birds done?"

Dabi attacks first and I jump back, the damn bastard didn't give me a warning he almost got me too, "Watch it you asshole."

"It's not my fault you're too slow."

Unato's quirk is puppeteer she can turn anyone she touches into her own personal slave, but she can only control 5 at a time so I'm hoping she didn't get any pro's involved it would make this harder.