PAGE 14

Rei P.O.V

"wait? you're telling me that the league is branching out?" I ask Dabi and he nods, "why are you telling me this?" he lightly pinches my cheeks and smirks, "I know it'll piss Keigo off, unless you start keeping secrets from him and your relationship just goes to hell and I get to watch it all fall apart it would be worth it" 

I laugh at how serious he is and Keigo stands next to me glaring at Dabi, "morning" He pecks my cheek and I take the baby from him leaving the cat and dog to fight all they want as long as it's not bothering the boys. 

"morning Aiden, how was your trip with your dad?" 

"good" 

he's completely not paying attention over analysing his stuffed animal it starts talking and the sound startles the little baby in my arms, "Hey now sweety it's nothing big just a future friend" 

I go to the bedroom and comfort him rocking him back to sleep waiting for the other baby to wake up. after an hour Dabi walks into the room slinging an arm over my shoulder, "what's with you getting all in my personal space?" 

"it pisses him off that's why" 

"I'm not some ..." 

Dabi pulls away and I turn around to see a very angry Keigo at the door, why the hell did Dabi kiss me? what is going on between these two that is so bad I'm getting dragged into it.

"Would you look at that, it's time for me to go" Dabi brushes my cheek and smirks walking past Keigo. 

"Hey ..." he also uses his feathers to cut me off, I sigh waiting for him to explain himself I know I don't have to. "I know what it looks like and yes, Dabi is a complete dick because I found out he and your sister are a thing now when I told him to end things with her he happily agreed, but forgot to mention he's switching to the other sister"

my eyes widen and he nods knowing exactly what I'm thinking. 

"I'll talk to her Rei calm down, maybe she's spying and we're being really judgmental about this"  

"I really hope so" 

Dabi P.O.V 

"hey you" she turns around and smiles holding two cups of coffee, "the other one mine?" I snatch it from her and she looks around snatching it back. "no, it's for my date" 

"he wouldn't happen to be 6 foot 2, black hair with matching eyes and have a tattoo on his right arm would he?" 

she smiles and nods and I nod back, "I hate to inform you that he won't be making it tonight" I take the coffee back and take a sip releasing a deep breath, "they make the best coffee's at Summers don't they?" 

"yeah, you get coffee from such a public place?" she asks looking shocked and I nod, "my ex-girlfriend used to work there that was my motivation to go" 

"why'd you break up?" 

"we didn't, a certain villain recently escaped prison and went after her I did some digging and turns out a certain Pro hero was the reason why he got out, wanna take a guess who?" I circle her and she shakes her head, "I don't know too, which is why I'm here to talk to you Mez, I can call you Mez right?" 

"no, only my friends can call me that" 

"Then it's a good thing you don't have any friends" I sling an arm over her shoulder sharing what I know waiting for Toga she'll be here in an hour.

Toga takes the second cup of coffee and I walk behind her since we have a certain meeting we're going to have about the league branches.

"Find out anything?" I ask crazy girl and she nods, "She's the one" I nod walking with my hands in my pockets, Mezmerise will be dead by tonight that I can gaurantee I just wish I didn't feel so merciful when it comes to Hawks.

He's good to Aiden and I'm not sure when this mess with Overhaul will end. 

Hawks P.O.V 

"breaking news: the body of the Pro hero Mezmerise was recently found buried and we're sad to announce the death of an amazing hero with so much potential" 

potential my ass, she's lucky she got off so easy and maybe I should be grateful my agencies reputation won't be dragged down the mud, but the secret is out there now thanks to Dabi finding a way to hack into the Hero Network and spread the list of all the heroes who were part of the Kai Chisaki break out. 

"Keigo!" 

I turn my head and Rei sits next to me pulling my head into her chest, "Keigo you should trust me enough to share what's on your mind with me, I get that I'm not a hero, but wife trumps hero any day and I'm sick of you moping and over thinking all day your gloom has spread to all the boys" 

I notice Aiden throwing his favourite truck and crying, he's never been sad or upset and I doubt we've ever given him a reason too. "fix this" she walks away angry and I sit on the couch trying to piece together why Dabi was so cosy with Rei before Mez's death. 

"did he think that maybe Mez and Rei are one person?" Aiden shakes his head walking past me and I grab him, "why are you looking at me like I'm a crazy person?" he giggles and I put him down going to the twins.

"Why are you here?"

I stop in my tracks slowly walking towards the door. 

"I'm looking for an Aiden, Intel suggests he's been hiding out here" I know that voice, it's Kai Chisaki. I grab Aiden and call Dabi, I seriously hope this Chisaki bastard leaves Rei Alone.