PAGE 29

Hawks hangs up nearly throwing his phone away. "What's wrong?" Mez asks patting Kaito on the back flapping his wings none stop. "That was Rei, she's upset I came with the boys here."

Mez smiles at Kaito who smiles back his two front teeth with a small gap. "Oh my gosh, did you know we used to have a gap like this too?" Hawks sighs not in the mood for jokes.

He gives the baby he's holding to splitter flying down to the reserved parking lot. The agency was supposed to take a month, but it's still under construction. Keigo is here to check what the reason for the delay is.

Rei gets out of the car crossing her arms. "Rei calm down." She looks around the place and huffs, "It's dangerous to bring them here Keigo, look at this place." Hawks pecks her cheek. "It's seriously amazing, I didn't even think it was going to be this high."

Rei looks up and glares back at Hawks. "Keigo I'm still mad." Hawks smiles kissing her. "I know, but I think I know a way to make up for it." His hand runs up the side of her waist. The kiss deepening as he takes a step closer. "What do you say we ditch the kids, the work, the world and all."

Rei isn't given much of a choice. Keigo is already flying away with her in his arms. Mez sighs looking at splitter staring at the baby in his arms. She also looks at the baby she's holding and Kaito looks a little sleepy.

"Did they really just ditch us with their kids?" Mez laughs nodding. "Let's go. We can stop by somewhere and grab a bite to eat."

Kaito starts fiddling in Mez's arms. She pats him on the back rocking him to sleep. Keiko is always sleeping.

They stop by Mez's favourite place and she takes her usual seat with Splitter glaring at her from the opposite side. "What?" She asks looking confused.

"You know you're going to get swarmed by fans. You also know your sister will get mad, and so will the boss. This is not the time for you to reveal Hawks's big secret."

"Everyone knows Hawks has a child."

"Everyone thinks he has a child. If they knew the truth, don't you think they would say he has kids?" Splitter throws the baby blanket her way. "Keep them covered up. You always complain about your sister not trusting you, but keep giving her reasons not to."

Mez locks eyes with Splitter completely shocked. She thought he likes her, why would someone who likes her say something like that to her. "I don't think it's a big deal. I can protect them."

"This isn't about you. Stop thinking the world revolves around you. It doesn't."

"What is that all about? Why are you saying this to me? Did I do something wrong?"

Splitter rolls his eyes, "Sleeping with a villain. Working with the villain. You're going to run the Agency's image into the ground Mez. When everyone believed you were a traitor I didn't. I vouched for you and honestly believed that you would never do anything like that, and now we find out you're sleeping with a villain? Just how desperate were you?"

He looks at and she looks down. "I know you're upset I chose a villain over you. It was a one time thing though it won't happen again."

Splitter looks at her confused. "You chose him over me? What's that all about?" Mez clears her throat shaking her head. "Never mind, I probably read the signs wrong."

Splitters eyes widen. "Did you think I like you?" Mez shrugs her shoulders patting Kaito to sleep. She's surprised the twins slept through their short talk. "Mez."

She looks up and shakes her head. Splitter smirks. "Well. If it isn't obvious. I do like you." He clenches his jaw, "Which is why I'm so hurt about finding out you slept with a villain."

"I've always wanted to be bad girl and do whatever I want, and it honestly felt good letting go and being happy. I always hated my sister because she was something I thought I could not be. She was free. My mother could never manipulate her into anything, she did what she wanted and danced to the beat of her drum."

Mez smiles, "She's an extremely amazing dancer. Good enough to be a professional once, it's where my jealousy stems from.

"Mother started giving her more attention. Spared no expanses and I literally became invisible. So I started dancing too and made sure I won all the trophies. Mother starter liking me more, but the thing about my sister is that she runs with the wind.

"After dancing she started drawing, and I swear, when my sister puts pen to paper she makes magic happen. It's beautiful enough to watch her paint, the end result is just perfection.

"I could never beat her at art. So I became an over achiever. She slowly slipped away in my mothers eyes, but my mothers need for control always pushed her to poke and prod at Rei and she made my sisters life hell

"She always looked happy to get her way, and so I turned myself into the perfect puppet my mother wanted. I slowly started to believe the girl I was pretending to be was really me, but after I spent time with Dabi, he helped me see past the veil.

"My ego, pride, depraved sense of self, fears, and pain. All those vulnerable parts of me he exposed, my flaws, anger, denial, delusions. He helped me see them and helped me be better

"I was a prisoner for 3 months long and the only person I could talk to spent most of time yelling at me and judging me. He made me think, and with days spent in an empty cold room with nothing for entertainment I was left to my own thinks and everyday I cried.

"I was broken on the inside and I didn't even know it. So, if anyone wants to know why I did what I did? It's because when I felt lost all I had there was him. He helped me see that I can be someone I never thought was deep inside me.

"From now on, Mesmerise won't just be my hero name. It'll be the foot print my hero identity leaves behind. I am not the same Mez you used to know. I won't apologise for falling for a villain, and for as long as screwing with the guy isn't illegal I'm going to have fun while I can.

"Unapologetic. That's my new hero name. I will let my actions do the talking, and big flashy explosions is not what I'm talking about."