PAGE 33

Dabi gets dressed taking his jacket and throwing it at Mez. It's cold outside and she came dressed like it's summer.

"So, does this mean you have feelings for my sister?" Mez asks curious about what he meant yesterday.

Dabi shakes his head tying his shoes. When he's done he ties Mez's shoes since she just stood directly in front of him with both shoe laces untied.

"I only love one woman. She'll come around eventually."

Mez snorts, "Talk about a hopeless romantic. You're just in denial. She's going to come back knocked up and give Rei hell to get Aiden back.

"You're not the first in your position. Won't be the last either.  Probably found a jackass she can't run from. Probably reminded her of you ..."

Dabi smiles into the kiss, "Please learn to keep a lid on this mouth of yours. I don't have the patience for your insensitivity."

He takes her hand leading the way out. Mez holds his hand tighter and sighs. Dabi notices and turns around cupping her cheek.

"I know you want us to be together, and that's why I had to shut the door on all things. It's not just about Aiden it's for you too.

"I have no intention of being a hero or changing who I am. I found family with the league and it's a family I choose to stick with through thick and thin.

"I can't make you choose and I don't want you too. I plan to get Kendo back even if it kills me. I love her and I don't think I could ever love anyone else like that.

"Maybe you're right I'm in denial but I want to at least try. I'm not giving up on her that easily. We've been through too much for it to just end like this."

Mez nods. It would never work out with someone still attached to their ex anyway.

Dabi and Mez separate. Dabi going to Hawks's place to find everyone sleeping in one big blanket on the floor with toys everywhere and empty pop corn bowls.

Aiden is cuddled up in Rei's arms. The movie isn't even done yet.

He locks the door making himself coffee and grabbing pop corn watching the movie while everyone sleeps

Rei wakes up to find Dabi and Kaito eating solids together. Rei takes a seat next to him and pecks his cheek.

"Don't go doing shit like that im trying to not give people the impression I'm falling for Keigo Takami's WIFE."

Rei laughs, "Kendo will come back to you. Tell you what, when all this crazy chaos around us is finally handled  we'll go get her."

Dabi looks her in the eyes and hugs both Kaito and Rei, "I'll hold you to that. We're almost at go.

"Shigaraki had infiltrated the group. We'll be taking them out once and for all. Then we're going to get her Kendo back."

Hawks joined them after eaves dropping and kisses Rei glaring at Dabi who rolls his eyes.

"Hey, I don't want Rei getting involved in any of that or telling her more then she needs to know."

Dabi rolls his eyes again, "Don't you think you should be coming up with a better hideout strategy. Unless you're lookin to almost get your Wife and kids nearly blown up again."

"Could you not be such an asshole so early in the morning. I've got it covered."

Dabi mockingly raises his brow, "I seem to believe you said that very same line on the last mission."

Aiden runs into the room and sits on Rei's lab, "Morning Mommy."

"Ey ey, what about the rest of us?" Hawks ruffles his head and  dad glares at Aiden.

"Hey, don't you dare talk to my son like that." Rei glares at Hawks and he kisses her again.

"I'm sorry babe."

"I think you're apologising to the wrong person there Hawksy." Dabi glares at Hawks.

"What the hell are you even doing in my house?"

"Believe it or not I'm here for you. We need to talk and I'm not taking no for an answer."

Hawks narrows his eyes, "What could you and I possibly have to talk about?"