The One Who Disappears

Art from pixiv.net

I'm back!

——————————————————————————

A calm wind brushes against the trees in Jabberwock park. The sun smiles warmly over the island as I lean against the statue. I point out clouds as I wait.

Nagito should be here any minute... Then, we'll head to the music venue together.

I wonder what Ibuki will perform for everyone. The last performance I saw from her was... interesting, but if it's something Nagito can handle, then maybe it won't be so bad.

A concert with Nagito...

His hand in mine, the music in the background...

Him smiling next to me.

I smile at the thought of it when a dull pain strikes me in the head. It's not bad at first, but as the waves wash over me, I double over in pain.

I gasp for air. Dizziness takes over my senses as I desperately try to regain my balance. I grab at the statue, but I still fall to the ground. My breathing is heavy as I stare at the cement. My vision blurs.

What... is this..?

... I didn't do anything... to the realities...

So why... my brain..!

I dig my fingers into my hair as I put my head to the ground. It's like my brain is splitting into two. Then, just when I think I can't take it anymore, the pain suddenly fades. I finally catch my breath. Looking around, a pair of blood red eyes stare down at me. I jump back.

"...You're more boring than I thought you would be..." His monotone voice says.

His long, black hair shrouds his bored face. His suit matches his hair, making his appearance overly neat. An intense malice comes from him, despite his dull expression. I freeze, like a deer in the eyes of a wolf.

"Izuru Kamakura..." I whisper. I stand, slowly backing away.

"...Hello Hajime Hinata."

My heart pounds as my hands shake. I will them to still, but it doesn't work. I attempt to hide them.

"That headache... i-it was you, wasn't it..?"

"...It appears my resurgence had negative side affects." Izuru says. "But they will not be permanent. You will be fine."

I watch him intently.

"H-How did you get here?"

"...What a boring question. I am apart of you Hajime. I've only been locked away... deep in your subconscious until now. We were going to meet eventually. It was only a matter of time."

That's right... Chiaki said I might encounter my forgotten memories during the third stage... but why now?

What does he want from me?

"You're too easy to read...I don't want anything from a person as boring as you." Izuru says. I flinch. "I'm simply waiting for the simulation to end so I can escape this boring place. We just happened to meet when I resurfaced."

"Escape..? W-What are you talking about?"

"I'm leaving the Neo World Program when the simulation ends. ...How naive of you to believe I would stay in a place like this."

"B-But you can't leave. You're... a Remnant of Despair."

"That title means nothing to me... The only reason we're in this simulation is because I was using the Ultimate Despair as she used me in the past. Now, there is no need for me to be associated with her." Izuru says.