Again

Art by- erigushi0001 on Twitter

————————————————————————

It takes me a moment to realize where I am.

A dark ceiling and unfamiliar faces stare down at me. Green pods are scattered around the room and a large computer rests on the wall across from me. Words crowd my senses as I sit up from my pod, dizziness slowly fading from my body. Moving my hair from my eyes, my memories come flooding back to me.

I've finally escaped.

"Hajime?" A pink haired man asks.

"Hajime! Thank goodness you're awake!" A blonde woman cries.

"Jeez... getting yourself stuck in the Neo World Program. You gotta be more careful!" A short man yells.

"Good thing ya woke up! I was worried I was gonna have to punch ya awake!" A woman with brown skin says.

I ignore them as I stand.

"Hey, don't get up yet. You're body's still gettin' used to being awake again." The short man says. He tries to touch my shoulder, but I pull away.

"Hajime... are you okay..?" The pink haired man asks.

The woman with brown skin analyzes me. She squints her eyes as he puts her arm in front of the others.

"Somethin's not right." she says.

"W-What do you mean..? That... is Hajime... right?" The blonde woman asks.

"No... t-that's-" the pink haired man stares into my red eyes.

"...And to think Hajime was so desperate to get back to you. ...How boring." I sigh. The group steps back.

"Izuru Kamakura..."

"You bastard! What the hell did you do to him?" The short man yells.

"I-It can't be... We were able to return! So why didn't he come back too?" The blonde woman cries.

"...Hajime was only an average, talentless person. His hope was unremarkable and merely wasn't strong enough to return the the real world," I say. "...He's gone. He disappeared... the moment I left the Neo World Program."

"Shut up! You don't know that!" The pink hair man says.

"Yeah! Hajime's one of the strongest guys I know! He wouldn't have let himself disappear to someone like you!" The short man says.

"I promised I would help him if he didn't return, so... bring Hajime back before I have to punch him outta ya!" The woman with brown skin says.

Her moves can be seen from a mile away. I dodge her right hook and grab her arm, pulling it behind her and shoving her to the ground. I pin her to the floor with my knee. She struggles against my grasp, but I threaten to snap her arm, stilling her quickly. The others stare in horror.

"How predictable..." I say.

"N-No..! Let her go!" The blonde woman yells.

"Damnit..! You said you wouldn't forget about us..." the pink hair man says.

"Hajime... you idiot..." the short man says.

The three of them move into a defensive stance, but its pointless. Their attacks are too obvious.

The short man starts towards me when suddenly, a sharp pain pierces my head. I fall back and hold my head in my hands, causing me to let go of the woman with brown skin.