The Honesty Disease

Art by- Punkblues on Twitter

———————————————————————————

I open my eyes to Monokuma's morning announcement.

As I stand, a strange dizziness comes over me. It's not the same as when I changed the simulation, but it still causes me to wobble a bit. I rub my head.

Jeez... All this reality hopping has really taken a toll on me. I feel terrible...

I slowly leave my cottage and make my way to the restaurant. When I get inside, only Hiyoko, Akane, and Nagito are there.

"Hey Hajime!" Akane shouts with a mouth full of food.

I clumsy wave at her before sitting in a chair near Hiyoko.

"...Hey... It's definitely best if we keep Nagito tied up," She says. "No, not just tied up... I won't be satisfied until I peel off his face and expose the meat so we can't identify him anymore!"

"But... that would kill him!" I blurt.

I... didn't mean to say that...

"Duh! That's the whole point!" Hiyoko spits. "He deserves it after all. That idiot... he lied to me about Mahiru being alive and said he saw her at the movie theater..,"

"That's... a shitty thing to do!" I say. "Why would he do that?" I cover my mouth.

"I... I hate being lied to..," she says. "I won't be satisfied until all his joints are bent at awkward angles!"

"...Using violence and insults won't solve your deeply rooted issues and trauma Hiyoko. Being a bully and hiding behind your cruel words will only push you away from others and you'll probably die alone if you continue this behavior,"

Huh..?

"...What... did you just say to me?" Hiyoko asks. Her face turns red with anger.

I attempt to say 'nothing', but my mouth moves on it's own. "I said, using violence and insults won't solve your-,"

"That not what I meant you pea-brained moron!" She snaps. "Who the hell do you think you are!?"

"I'm Hajime Hinata,"

What!? What am I saying!?

"Wow, you think you're so funny! Well, it won't be so funny once I-"

"Pardon me everyone, but do you happen to have some time to spare?" A cheerful voice interrupts. I turn to Ibuki standing in the stair way. She holds her hand in a salute. "It's may be rude of me, but I would like to say my greetings first thing in the morning! Good morning! I look forward to working with you all today!"

"Hi Ibuki!" I say. I wave, no matter how hard I try to stop. Ibuki waves back with a grin.

"Yes! I am Ibuki Mioda!"

Is this... a Despair Disease reality? But... why am I acting weird too? And...

I glance at Akane, who's sitting at a table and stuffing bacon in her face.

Why is Akane acting normal?

"Be careful Ibuki! Hajime's dangerous. He wants to kill you and eat you," Nagito shouts.

"Mr. Hajime! I am not tasty! Please do not eat me!"

The words float out my mouth.

"I don't want to eat you. You'd taste bad,"

"I see! So it was a lie!" Ibuki says.