The Way I View You

Art by- 4komori on Instagram

———————————————————————————

"Wait, are you serious?" I gasp. Chiaki nods excitedly.

"According to Alter Ego.., we're about to enter the third and final stage as soon as the next reality," she says. "Then, you'll finally be back in the real world."

"That's amazing!" I say with a grin. "The third stage... so at that point, my brain will mostly be in control of the simulation, right?"

"Yup, yup!" Monomi says.

"Since your mind is nearly separated from the simulation, the Neo World Program will begin to be influenced more by your subconscious than by the software itself..." Chiaki says.

"What does that mean for the realities?" I ask.

"Anything from your subconscious could happen during this stage!" Monomi says. "Your wants, your fears, your deepest thoughts! Whatever your subconscious wants."

"Which means... we'll see even more situations we've never seen before... that came from your subconscious. We still have to follow the basic story of the realities though, as to not disturb your brain, but most of the time.., the realities will be very flexible... so you don't really have to follow as closely as before," Chiaki says. "This will also cause more reality hopping. You might... start changing realities more frequently than before and not just in your asleep."

"I see," I say. "My subconscious... Will memories that I can't remember influence the simulation too.., like... Izuru Kamakura or my school life..?"

Chiaki and Monomi share a look.

"We're not sure." Monomi says.

"There's... a chance the simulation could be influenced by those memories..," Chiaki says. "Your school life... Izuru Kamakura... are locked deep within you Hajime, so we're unsure if the simulation has access to them."

"I see..." I sigh.

"...But don't worry Hajime! We'll keep a close eye out and let you know anything we find out! And just think! One more stage and your finally out the Neo World Program! I'm so h-happy for you!" Monomi cries, tears welling in her eyes. I pat her on the head.

"Yeah, I'm so excited for you Hajime! You're finally going to make your future!" Chiaki cheers.

I smile.

One more stage... then I'll finally be free!

I can't believe it! It's been so long since I first woke up on the beach with Nagito and now... I'm so close to being out.

Kazuichi, Fuyuhiko, Akane, and Sonia are all waiting for me in the real world. What'll we even do when I'm free?

...Will I be free... or will he be free?

It's scary to think about... but just like Chiaki said, I have control over my own future. I... I have to be the one who wakes up. I have to.

I just have to look forward!

"By the way.., didn't you say you had to do something Hajime?" Chiaki asks.

I glance at the clock.

"Oh shit! I was supposed to meet Nagito at the park five minutes ago." I say, rushing toward the door.

"Ooo, what're... you two doing?" Chiaki asks, a smirk tugging at her lips.

"Nothing really. Just hanging out." I say.