I'd Have To Be Crazy

Art by- Me! Please credit if you use my art! (Insta- dv_draws)

———————————————————————————

I stare at the stars as I walk.

These new situations... are a lot harder to deal with than I thought.

First, it was the Despair Disease. Then, it was other new motives and new deaths. And now, it's the new survivors and different endings to the simulation. It's all so exhausting... and yet, I still can't sleep.

But, that's not the only thing that's been keeping me up.

'I...I think I'm starting to-,'

My face gets hot just thinking about it.

That stupid Honesty Disease... forcing me say things that don't make sense. Now I can barely get near Nagito without feeling all weird.

Running my hand through hair, I shake my head.

I shouldn't think about it too much. I'll just confuse myself more than I already have. I mean... Nagito? No way! I'd have to be crazy and I'm not crazy. I'm not crazy.

Besides, I probably should go back to my cottage soon...

I stop. Across the path, the door to Titty Typhoon is slightly open.

Oh no...

Could... something be happening?

Damnit... Can't I take a walk in peace..?

I creep toward the entrance, taking care not to make any noise. Once I'm in a good position, I peek my head around the door. I can't believe my eyes.

Nagito stands in the middle of the music venue with his eyes closed and his face scrunched with concentration. He takes a deep breath before he moves.

He takes one step forward, then one to the left, his right foot sliding next to it, then back again, and finally to the right, making a box. He holds his hands out in front of him, his left arm out wider than the other as he spins.

Eventually, his creased forehead relaxes. A small smile appears as his movements become more graceful, like a swan moving across a pond. His feet trace the square over and over again as if it were muscle memory and he hums faintly, twirling an imaginary person or dipping every once in a while. His smile grows bigger.

"Woah..," I whisper.

"...H-Hajime?" Nagito stares at me. I'm suddenly a deer in headlights.

"OhHeySorryBye!" I blurt before quickly slamming the door.

I can't believe I just did that. Why did I do that!? He caught me... and probably heard me..! Agh! And then I ran away!

He's... probably really confused right now.

I slowly open the door again. Nagito's still staring at me, looking like a surprised cat.

"H-Hey," I say.

"Hello..,"

I clear my throat. "Sorry... I was just wondering why the door was..,"

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't realize it was open," Nagito says.

"It's fine... what are you doing in here anyways..?"

Nagito glances at the ceiling, like he's contemplating telling me. He shrugs.

"I was practicing my Waltz," he says. "I was feeling kind of nostalgic. I don't have a partner though, so I probably looked weird."

"You didn't look weird. I thought you looked... cool?"