For My Future

Art by- russianhamlet

Important!-
Hi! I just wanted to say something before you start the story! Whenever you see a line straight across the screen like this:

———————————————————————————

Hajime is going into another reality!

Also, when the text is in italics, Hajime is thinking to himself.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy the story!

"Hey! I'll never forget you guys, or the others!" Kazuichi says with a shaky voice. "You guys better remember me too! My name is Kazuichi Soda!"

"Heh, with your colorful personalities, there's no way I'd forget you guys that easily!" Fuyuhiko says.

"Even if I forget... I will use all my might to remember!" Sonia shouts with determination.

"If you start talking weird later Hajime, I'll beat you up 'till you turn back to normal!" Akane threatens with a grin.

I smile. "That's a relief... but make sure you hold back as much as you can,"

With newfound hope for the future, I close my eyes as the world around me fades to white.

So this is the end... But... it's just the beginning.

...Isn't that right?

It doesn't change how scared I am... I can't help feeling scared... so scared, but...

Thank you... Thank you Chiaki...

Phew... I finally said it...

My avatar body begins to fade away as I disappear from the Neo World Program. Fear and anxiety swim inside me while thoughts about the future fill my head, but I try to ignore it. I have my friends with me after all.

I take a deep breath as I'm transported out of the simulation.

———————————————————————————

The sound of waves crash in the distance. A calming warmth washes over my body as I come to my senses. I move my fingers slightly as my body tries to wake up. The ground is soft and grainy, almost like sand...

"Hey... Can you hear me...?" I open my eyes to see a figure standing over me.

"Are you okay? ...You seem pretty out of it. To be honest, I'm also... no, everyone else feels the same too since we suddenly... got put in this weird situation,"

I stare at the boy above me.

"...Hey, are you listening?"

"...Nagito?"

The fog in my head clears. I get up slowly as I examine my surroundings.

I'm sitting on a familiar, sandy beach. The sky is clear of clouds and the weather is perfect for a tropical vacation. A little ways away, bridges go off into the distance.

That's when it hits me. A familiar heaviness finds its way into my heart. I look around frantically.

The white sandy beach... the crystal blue ocean... the sun's rays beaming down on me... even the soft tropical wind brushing my skin... it's undeniably similar... to Jabberwock Island.

"Hey, are you okay?" Nagito questions.

"W-where am I? What's going on?!" A bead of sweat rolls down my face as my brain tries to wrap itself around the situation I'm in.