Understanding You

Let me know if you know the artist! It's always so hard to find them ( ' ▽ ' )

———————————————————————————

Hunger pangs stab at my stomach as I slump in a chair in the strawberry house dinning hall. Chiaki sleeps with her head against a table and Akane stares at the clock with bored eyes. I sigh.

I hate funhouse realities... I'm so hungry...

"Good morning everyone," Nagito says as he walks in."Hi Hajime. How are you feeling today?"

"I'm fine." I say shortly. I avoid eye contact.

"Of course you are. You Ultimates never cease to amaze me," the lucky student says. "To think that you can even keep hope in a situation like this, starving with no way out except to kill someone! It's incredible! You're all shining with wonderful, breathtaking hope! All of you are definitely worthy of being called Ultimates."

"You are just an unimportant, incompetent, Reserve Course Student."

"...Whatever Nagito." I grumble, standing.

"Huh? Where are you going?"

"Somewhere that's not here." I say.

Walking away, I heave another sigh.

I just don't want to deal with him right now...

Going down the stairs, I head towards the elevator. As I press the button, Chiaki trots down the steps.

"Hajime!" She calls. I hold the elevator for her.

"Hey Chiaki."

The gamer steps into the elevator as the doors close behind her. Rumbling fills the silence as the elevator moves to grape tower. She yawns.

"So... How much longer are you going to avoid Nagito for?" She asks.

"H-Huh?"

"You're avoiding him... That's why you left so suddenly right?"

"Uh... I don't know what you mean..?" I say. She raises an eyebrow.

"I knew it. You're not very good at lying Hajime," Chiaki says. "You haven't been hanging out with Nagito in any of the realities lately either. Why... are avoiding him?"

I look away.

Right... I haven't told Chiaki.

"It's not a big deal..," I say. "We just... had a fight."

"It's obviously a big deal if it's making you not want to hang out with him... I think," Chiaki says. "Did your talk not go well..?"

"Yeah... something like that."I say. The gamer nods understandingly.

"...That Nagito..," She says. "I should beat him in Mario Kart to get him back for you..."

"Thanks but... you don't have to do that." I say with a smile.

"...Are you... going to keep avoiding him?" She asks.