A Reserve Course Student

Please tell me if you know the artist!

———————————————————————————

I leave my cottage as light as a feather.

I like Nagito Komeada.

I like Nagito Komeada!

I... like Nagito Komeada...

Nagito Komeada is the one I like!

...Jeez, it's still feels weird actually admitting it. I mean, I never even thought I would feel this way, especially about someone like Nagito. I need to tell Chiaki everything that's happened.

I like Nagito Komeada..!

...I can't wait to see him.

I walk up the restaurant stairs a little faster than usual. Opening the door, I find Nagito in a corner eating a bowl of fruit with a book in hand. I sit in the chair across from him.

"Morning Nagito," I say. He doesn't look up. "Um... what are you reading?"

He still doesn't look at me as he picks a grape from his bowl.

He must really be into that book...

He picks up a few more pieces of fruit before I finally tap the corner of his book.

"Hey, What are yo-"

"God Hajime, can't you take a hint?" Nagito says, slamming his book shut.

"Huh..?"

"HuUh? I'm ignoring you, obviously," he continues. "Why would I want to talk with a Reserve Course student this early in the morning?"

A... Reserve Course student..?

I glance around the restaurant again. Gundham and Nekumaru are sitting at their respective tables, but that doesn't make any sense.

"H-How did you-"

"So, if you would be so kind as to go away, that would be wonderful,"

"...Um..," he stares at me with a flat, bored expression. "Okay, fine... I'll go,"

"Thank you," he says happily. He opens his book and continues reading.

...What was that?

I slump into a chair at the opposite end of the restaurant. Staring out the window, I attempt to wash away my embarrassment.

"Hey, what the hell were you trying to do man?" Kazuichi asks, siting across from me.

"Yeah, you know that guy's a lost cause," Fuyuhiko says. He and Chiaki sit beside the mechanic.

"You... totally looked like a you just entered a boss battle by accident when he started yelling at you," Chiaki laughs. I frown.

"Really Hajime. Don't talk to that guy. All he does is belittle you. It's honestly... sad to watch," Fuyuhiko sighs.

"Just because I'm a Reserve Course student..?" I ask.

"Uh...Don't worry about it man! I don't care if you're in the Reserve Course or in the main course, as long as you don't get between miss Sonia and me-," Fuyuhiko smacks Kazuichi on the arm. "Ouch!"

"Yeah... don't worry to much about it," Chiaki says with a smile. "Reserve Course or not, you're still Hajime. As long as you're someone you can be proud of, it doesn't matter. So don't be too down on yourself,"