Chapter 8

He looked surprised. As if he thought I would say otherwise.

"Why, is it that bad?"-Newt

"Sometimes I regret knowing things, but I would never give up knowing you guys. The memories I have with you, Alby, Minho, my brother, and Chuck I'd never want to give them up."

"So why do you say no?"-Newt

"I say that, because I don't want you to remember the painful memories that come with it."

"I want to."-Newt

"What?"

"I want to remember both good and bad. I look at you and I feel terrible. I feel terrible because I know that there is so much between us, I want to remember what we had. I hate the feeling and I-I want to know. I want to remember you."-Newt

"I don't-Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."-Newt

"I would love to help you but there's preparation that needs to be done, and maybe you will regret it, I don't know. I just want you to know what choice you are making here."

"I know and that's why I want to do it."-Newt

"Okay, I'll believe you."

I go into a room where they are discussing with Aris and Sonya about what they know as to where WICKED is going. I prepared the surgery equipment as they talked and listened. I still don't like to give my opinions that often, I will just do it myself if need be.

"Y/n, who's getting their memories back?"-Sonya

"I am."-Newt

Sonya beamed with happiness. Happy to see that her brother would be coming back to her. She then looked at me knowing that I'm probably equally as happy and I then beamed with happiness.

"We can get our memories back?"-Frypan

"Yes but don't feel like it's necessary I'm not forcing it, and I advise thought before you choose. Some WICKED memories are not pleasant."

"I could see why."-Frypan

"I'm almost ready, Newt. Just let me grab something."

I grab my backpack and get out a tiny dried up bloody bag. It contained the two boxes that were in Harriet and Sonya that controlled their memories. I rolled up my sleeves and washed my hands then was ready for Newt. I put on a mask too as everyone left the room. Gloves were on, Newt was asleep as I used a sedation so he could relax. The surgery was starting off well and ended well. I wasn't a prized possession of WICKED for nothing. I was putting away some stuff when I saw the blue substance of mine. I turned to Newt who was still unconscious. I then turned back to the bag and grabbed a syringe.

"Should I do it now?"

There was a knock on the door and Thomas came in. I immediately put away the syringe and closed the bag.

"Thomas? What's wrong?"

"Let's go tonight, there is no need to wait and I think you feel the same." -Thomas

"Of course I'm going. I wouldn't miss it for the world to save Minho for once."

"Okay, grab what you need and meet me by the car."-Thomas

I put up the okay sign and started grabbing stuff, mostly medical stuff and putting it in the bag. I grabbed two guns and a pack of bullets as well. Lots of water and some food. As I was about to leave I noticed Newt was sitting up from the table and groaning as he grabbed the back of his neck.

"Newt, are you alright?"

He didn't respond but looked up tears in his eyes. He suddenly got up and pulled me closer to him giving me a hug. It was one of those 'I'm never letting you go' hugs and it was something that I needed so much. He then spoke to me after he let me go.