Chapter 14

This is just a recommendation but to set the mood a little I was hoping you could listen to a sad song or slow sad sounding song. If you can't think of any I have a couple songs you could listen to if you want to. The one above is Runaway by Aurora, and below is Are You With Me by Nilu. :)

"Newt I will save you, you will be fine. We will get out here alive and well. Everyone's safe, we are good."

I was spouting nonsense at this point Newt soon stood up and looked at me as I kneeled on the floor in front of him. I knew what was happening as I could see it in him. The Flare was controlling the one I loved and I could do nothing to stop it. I should have never gone without my backpack. I should have had Gally give it to me! Newt, fight it for me, for everyone! Please just don't leave me.

I bit my lip as I just sat there trying to hold back my tears as I watched Newt change. His loving eyes turn to one of bloodlust. He did fight it though as he held back from attacking me. I just hoped that it would be enough though. Enough until someone comes.

"Kill me Y/n."-Newt

It was just a whisper but I could hear it.

"I loved you, please do it before I kill you."-Newt

"Newt you are coming with me, fight it! I will save you!"

Thomas looks at me and sees Newt standing.

"Newt?"-Thomas

Newt turned around and he lost control and attacked my brother. I started bawling like a child. The pain I had felt when I watched Newt drown and put the memory wipe in his brain came flooding back. The same words were said to me at the same time. I saw Brenda from afar and jumped up. I was fast with the adrenaline to save the love of my life. She takes off the backpack and tosses it to me.

"Save him, please Y/n."-Brenda

I turned back around and ran with every part of my being to return to Newt. My backpack was safely in my hand but I could barely see where I was going through my tears. All I could see was Newt and Thomas fighting each other.

"Let me save you NEWT!!"

I hoped that somewhere in him his sanity would return for just long enough that I could get to him and save him. He did stop though and I was terrified when he started collapsing to the floor. Thomas held him close, not wanting to let go.

I was crying my eyes out but when I got to Newts side I wasn't about to stop. He didn't attack his heart. He will be okay, we can save him.

"Thomas, he will live."

My brother was crying in front of me and I could see that he lost the hope that burned bright in him since I first saw him again.

"Please brother, help me!"

"He is just going to kill himself again if you save him Y/n."-Thomas

"HELP ME!!!!"

I take the knife out and start pressing on the wound. There was a faint heartbeat, he was dying but I could save him.

Thomas helps me but I could see that he felt like it was hopeless. He tried to convince me that it was as well.

"Y/n please don't do this to any of us."-Thomas

"Thomas, plea-ease." My voice stuttered as I couldn't stop crying.

Thomas held down the wound and I pulled out the blue serum.

"It won't do anything Y/n."-Thomas

"Listen to me, please! Newt will live, we will be safe and everyone will be happy."

Thomas grabs my hands and the others appear before us. Brenda had been watching the scene go down before her eyes and now everyone else was as well.

"Forgive me Thomas."

I push Thomas away and give Newt the serum. I was alone with the procedure now. Thomas had stood up realizing that I was not to be convinced. Teresa started talking now and I could care less what she had to say. I started to sew up the wound, I held down Newt's wound with my hand while sewing with the other. After I had closed his wound I checked his heartbeat. It was still faint and I needed to be quick. I grabbed a new syringe and took blood out of me, he had bled too much but I could see the black veins go away. Everyone else could as well and Teresa made the announcement that I already knew.

"Thomas, you and your sister are the cure. We can save Newt."-Teresa

Everyone looked at me and noticed Newt's healing. I was helping Newt's heartbeat get back to a normal beat as I did CPR.

"You knew."-Thomas

I stayed quiet, I knew now that Thomas was mad at me.

"How long?"-Thomas

I still didn't speak.

"How long Y/n?"-Thomas

"I've known for most of my life."

"Why didn't you tell me!? Our friends we could have saved. The maze, we could have stopped it! Why didn't you?"-Thomas

"You don't get it Thomas! I couldn't tell you, I couldn't tell anyone no matter how much I wanted to. I had to carry the burden on my own."

"Alby and Chuck could have been alive, we could have stopped the Maze."-Thomas

"I know!" I screamed my agony into Newt's chest. Thomas suddenly felt terrible for yelling at me and stopped.

"Y/n?"-Brenda

I screamed again. Everything just hurt inside of me. I couldn't take it.

"STAY WITH ME PLEASE!!!!"

I screamed so loudly as I felt my heart breaking. No one dared spoke, I am the only one who knows my own sorrows. The troubles I have been through, all I ever wanted was for them to be with me. Why does it have to be like this. Don't leave me brother. Don't leave me Newt. Everyone, just stay with me.

I look up and see Thomas leaving and I screamed again. I buried my head into the only person that I knew still loved me. Brenda walks over to me and checks Newt's heartbeat. She places a hand on my shoulder hoping I would look up at her. I do as she wanted and look at her.

"Y/n...you saved him."-Brenda