Chapter 5

After that fiasco, we all went our own ways and I went to check on my supplies that I was hoping didn't get crushed when I rolled out of that fire.

Meanwhile, with Thomas and Newt, they were watching me with curiosity in their eyes. They wanted to know more about me but they were afraid to ask. Harriet seeing them standing by themselves looking at me knew what they were thinking.

"You aren't going to get much out of her. Trust me, I know. She is a mystery waiting to be solved. Although I can understand why she is like this. She lost all the people she loved the most, she hadn't smiled in the longest time. Well except when you guys came, the things she lost had finally returned to her. At least that was what Mary would tell us. She only really talked to her, and Mary would tell us only that whenever we asked about Y/n. Although since you guys returned maybe she will open up more. You would be lucky to have her as a friend. You can trust her."-Harriet

Thomas and Newt were sad to hear those words. I have been suffering for so long, and they finally returned, only for them to not know me. They had felt almost guilty for not remembering me. They really wanted to though.

"Hey, did you get your memories back?"-Thomas

"Yeah, although I don't remember much. Apparently, if I want to remember I need someone to tell me things that happened, like a trigger. I remember some stuff though when Aris got here and Y/n helped trigger some memories to return."

"What's the past like?"-Newt

"You won't get much from me, but if you get your memories back I'm sure Y/n would love to fill you in. Seeing as she must be really close to you guys she probably has a lot of memories she wants to share with you. She has a really good memory too so she knows a lot."-Harriet

Vince calls over Harriet and she leaves them to think about what she had just told them. They looked back over to where I was and saw me shuffling around in my bag. They took the bold move and walked towards me.

I was checking everything to make sure that the cure was still safe and thankfully it was. I saw Newt and Thomas walking over to me and placed my hand on the key that would open the cure. I looked at Newt pondering over if I should give it to him. I convinced myself that I could keep him safely away from the virus until we have Minho. Minho is the priority as of right now. I let go of the key and smiled at them when they were in front of me.

"Hello again."

"I know you said that you don't like telling us about the past, but could you tell us more?"-Thomas

I looked at my brother and my face softened as my mind went back to those days when we would tell each other everything. When the only secrets between us were about Newt and the cure. I gave in quickly.

"Ok, I'll tell you."

They looked at each other a little surprised that I gave in. They sit down in front of me and I breathe in. I decided I should tell them something a little light-hearted. So I decided to tell them about the time when we went to see Newt's sister.

"It was around 11 pm, Thomas made a promise to Newt that he would let you see someone before you had to go into the maze. You guys brought me along with you for multiple reasons, the main reason being that you two wanted me to come along because I guess you liked having me around. After the adventure of getting there, we finally reached the place safely. Thomas got scared when a girl confronted him. It was very funny."

Newt laughed at that and Thomas glared at Newt. I laughed as well as it reminded me of that very moment. I continued with the story.

"When Newt saw this person there, they shared a hug and Newt was crying. Then I cried and hugged Thomas. You were very confused as to why I was crying. Then Newt introduced me to the person and well...yeah."

"Who was the person?"-Newt

"Why were you crying?"-Thomas

I laughed at Thomas's question because he said it the same way he did back then. I decided to be vague when I answered them.

"I was crying because the person Newt was hugging made me think about how lucky my situation was with you, Thomas. I won't say anymore."

They looked annoyed that I wouldn't tell them and I smiled at them. I felt myself slowly healing, as the pain I felt disappeared.

"Tell us something about Minho, how come he is your best friend?"-Newt

"Who doesn't love Minho, he's hilarious. He actually was the one who taught me how to fight. He loved to tease me and Newt. He had no mask, he was always himself. Although sometimes it was annoying when he would be himself. One time Minho got beaten up pretty bad and I had to heal him. When he woke up he acted as nothing happened. I hated him, we got into an argument and you were sitting in there as well, you were very uncomfortable. We made up a few minutes later. We couldn't hate each other even if we wanted to."

I laugh again this time with a hint of sadness. Thomas and Newt moved from where they sat and now were sitting next to me. I don't know if they understood why, but when they saw that I was sad they immediately did everything to get me smiling again. It's nice to know that despite not knowing me they still cared.

"Hey, we will get him back. We will make sure of it. He will make fun of you and me once again."-Newt

"I'm sure he is putting up quite the fight as we speak. You have nothing to worry about Y/n."-Thomas

"Thank you Newt, Thomas."

Both Newt and Thomas were happy to hear these stories from me. They really believed in Harriet's word when she said that I'm a trustable person. They could tell that I will be there for them.