Chapter 17

We had traveled to our new home now. Vincent was our leader and gave a motivational speech to everyone here. He told us to write names on the rock of people who helped us get here that died in the process. I had a few names I wanted to put down. Chuck and Alby will of course be on that rock. Vincent looked over at me as I sat in between my brother, my best friend, and the love of my life.

"Now before we move on, I feel like you should get to know someone."-Vincent

He motions with his hand for me to come. I didn't realize he was talking about me, I thought he was talking about Thomas. So much so that Thomas had to push me forwards. I go to the front next to Vincent.

"This is our doctor, so if you have any medical problems go to her."-Vincent

"Hello, everyone my name's Y/n."

That was a bit nerve-wracking. Especially since I saw a group of some guys who we saved from WICKED talking amongst themselves and I had a feeling it was about me. We were let alone now and I went off to where I would be staying. I was sitting on my bed when someone appeared before me. It was Minho surprisingly.

"I heard that we can get our memories back from you."-Minho

"Well yes, but it's not a topic to be taken lightly Minho. Your memories could be a bit terrifying."

I was particularly thinking about the day when he was in a room with a Griever. I know that he was haunted by that memory for a long time and I don't want him to remember things such as those. I could one day accidentally trigger that memory and that could cause him pain.

"I know. Newt told me. He also told me that even though he remembers some bad memories the good ones seem to overpower it."-Minho

I was happy with that comment. Even though Newt doesn't have a lot of his memory returned to him he still doesn't regret his decision and that makes me happy.

"if you really want this Minho then ok. I'll do it. I need to prepare first."

"Thank you."-Minho

I look at Minho's back and a smile appears on my face. I was so happy because this could mean that my best friend will come back to me. The endless teasing, the fighting lessons, our friendship, was something I always treasured and I couldn't wait for him to remember them too.

After the successful procedure I sit down and wait for Minho to wake up. I began to wonder if Thomas would ever want to have his memories back. Although I am fine if he doesn't but I also kind of want him to because I really want him to remember our good times when we snuck out together, how we never left each other's side, how lucky we were to be together.

This reminded me that Newt still hasn't met his sister and still doesn't remember her. I should probably do that after this. Minho eventually wakes up and I look at him and smile.

"You probably only have a few of your memories back because most of your memories need a trigger for you to remember them. I can help you trigger some but storytime is for another day."

"Am I not that important to you? Wait, it's Newt isn't it. You have special plans with him don't you?"-Minho

I was so happy, despite the embarrassment, because Minho was himself around me once again.

"As a matter of fact, yes."

"You are a mad woman, stay away from Newt."-Minho

"Of course I am. You're my best friend and Thomas is my twin, how can I not be crazy."

I smile and walk off. Minho smiles as he turns to watch me walk away. This was a decision he wasn't regretting. He only remembers a little about me but it was enough for him to remember how much he liked to tease me and Newt. He's going to love getting on Newt's nerves with his new knowledge of our relationship.

It's been a while since I used me and Newt's connection in our head. I had to stop using it because it was the one tracker that WICKED had on me. Now that WICKED is gone though I can use it once again.

I concentrated and focused on making a clear message in my head and sending this message to Newt.

"Hey Newt, where are you?"

The good thing about this is that it's a private conversation where we can hear each other's voices and it's quick. It's telepathy, but with a device in our brains.

"I'm with Tommy."-Newt

I try to look for my brother and spot him over on the beach with Newt. I head over there and smile at them.

"Am I interrupting?"

"No, he's all yours."-Thomas

Thomas smiles towards me and leaves so it was just me and Newt now.

"Can I introduce you to someone?"

"Yeah ok."-Newt

I lead the way for us. Newt had his hands in his pockets which meant I couldn't hold his hands. I find Sonya and we stop in front of her. She smiles at us and asks what we need.

"Actually I thought Newt should be properly reintroduced to you."

"What do you mean?"-Newt

Sonya smiled and I looked back at Newt as Sonya waited for her brother to remember her.

"Newt, this is Sonya. Although her real name is Lizzy. She is your sister."

Newt's face went from surprise, to shock, to happy. He quickly embraces her the same way he did so long ago and she was so happy to have her older brother back in her arms.

"Thank you Y/n."-Sonya

I was so happy to see the siblings together again. It was so heartwarming for me to witness a scene like this again. It reminds me of how important my own brother is to me.