Chapter 12

As we were walking Teresa started talking to Thomas saying how she wants to run tests on Thomas, both me and Newt were against it. Me especially since she can't find out, no one can find out. It was at one point when Thomas seemed to have enough of Teresa that he turned around and they argued. Again my anger came back to me when Teresa said the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

"It stops when we find a cure."-Teresa

Thomas seemed to believe that there was no cure and I felt like that was for the best but I still got a scoff in that Teresa turned around to look at me.

"You are a doctor, don't you believe there is a cure."-Teresa

"I can't answer that, but the reason I scoffed was for what you said Teresa. When you find a cure you won't stop. You think I don't know? I know WICKED better than you think, don't you remember when I made that discovery of the blue serum. When they learned that it slows down the virus they couldn't stop and wanted more. They took it for themselves and because of that they soon ran out of my serum. Guess what though they still didn't stop, they tried to make their own and because of that they killed Glade members. Do you not remember what happened to George?"

"George? He was given a serum and went insane. He ended up dying."-Newt

"They aren't going to stop, when they find the cure they will use it to gain wealth, use it to their advantage. They will pick and choose who they want to save while letting everyone else die. They don't care, as long as they are okay."

"You sound experienced in this?"-Teresa

"That's because I am. I feel like you forget who I am Teresa. Do you not at all remember the things I was put through?"

Suddenly a gun cocked and that Randall guy appeared. He wasn't alone though he brought guards and we all were trapped. Thomas tried to threaten them with Teresa but that didn't work because my brother is a wimp. I would have gladly done it even if we weren't going to get saved. She pushed us into another room and locked us in.

"Well great, should have shot her."

"What!"-Thomas

"She locked us in, we don't have an escape route anymore."

"Y/n, I know you are mad but let's try to be nice to your brother."-Newt

"He's a wimp, he could have shot her foot at least."

"Why do you hate her so much?"-Thomas

We walked off, me and my brother still mad at each other as I declined to answer that question. Thomas and Newt didn't at all care about them getting noticed anymore since they already were recognized. The doctors recognized me and I knew some of them as well. Not all of the people here were bad people so it made me a little sad to see them again.

"Is that Y/n?"-Doctor

"I thought she got killed?"-Doctor 2

"No she ran away."-Doctor 3

"Couldn't blame her, she did look very depressed."-Doctor

"We can't side with her. Hurry!"-Doctor 2

"You seem rather popular."-Newt

"Maybe I shouldn't have come."

"That's what we wanted too."-Thomas

I wanted to make my brother fall on his face. I am not in the mood. I am getting flooded with terrible memories today so don't test me anymore Thomas. The guards were in here now and we were hiding in the dark. I was looking at Newt who really wasn't looking too good. After this I was seriously going to force him to let me do a check-up. He isn't immune and we have been out near Cranks a lot lately. When it was once again safe we started walking again with a little more cautiousness than before. We only had so much time now to find Minho. The guards found us and we were all in a hurry now. The doctors were afraid as well and running away. We did our best to contain them but Newt was out of ammo and Thomas almost was.

"I should have brought my backpack. I am so stupid."

"It's fine. We will get out."-Thomas

As Thomas was shooting at them Newt scurrys around in the bag next to us. He finds something and throws it at the guys. Apparently it was an electric bomb and it did the deed we needed. We moved on until confronted by another guard, out of ammo we were about to give up. Suddenly out of nowhere my best friend shows up. He beats the guy up using a technique he taught me before. Which was just to toss the guy over your shoulders.

I had to hold myself back from jumping onto Minho in a hug. He was the only good thing that has happened to me since this all started. Nonetheless the celebration was short lived as more guards showed up. We started running and I was a bit faster than everyone. I was proud that I could keep up with them since they used to be professional runners. I suppose it's in the genes.

We are about to get caught again as they surround us but with some quick thinking we decide to take refuge in a room and lock the door as tightly as possible. I look around the room as memories come flooding back to me.

I walked over to one of the desks and could see the name of a doctor who I knew to be a good guy. He was the one after all who gave me the camera I had always wanted but never ended up using. I suppose I never had a happy moment in a long time at least not until Newt, Thomas, and Minho returned to me.

I sigh and Thomas calls me over as I see him looking out the window. We don't have much options anymore so I was hoping he had a good one.