Chapter 1

Summary: Carina and Lily both share a room in college, but that's about the only thing they have in common. At least that's what they assume. From the start, they haven't been able to get along with each other, seeing as they're pretty incompatible and they pick fights over everything. But little do they know that they're each other's closest friends on Tumblr. They message each other constantly and along the ways, feelings developed. What happens when they soon realize on a bold decision to meet on a blind date that the person who they want nothing to do with is the same person they think about right before they go to sleep?

Lily rests her back against the wall of her average-sized college dorm room. It wasn't anything too big and fancy, but she has everything she needed for it to remind her a little bit of home.

She holds her phone up to her ear with one hand while the other is securing the blanket that's wrapped tightly around her shoulders. She probably resembles a human burrito right now, but that's only because it's always so fucking cold in the room. Her roommate, Carina, never seems to mind it. But then again, she never seems to mind anything that Lily can't stand.

"I miss you, too, Tori," Lily smiles sadly to herself as she thinks of home. Memories and flickers of images of her parents, her siblings, her dog, and her room come across her mind. Her warm, toasty room. God , it was so cold.

Lily doesn't have as much time to talk with her family as she would like considering she's so busy with school and they're all so busy with life back at home. When they do get the chance to talk, it's normally on the weekends and it's Friday night tonight.

"How is college? I know that it's only been a little over a month, but how are you liking and adjusting to everything so far?" Tori asks inquisitively.

"It's going pretty well, actually," Lily answers honestly. "I mean you know me. I've always been independent and pretty adaptable so the adjustment and new environment isn't what is bothering me. It's more so my roommate that ticks me off.

Lily rolls her eyes in annoyance at the thought of Carina, teeth slightly chattering. Holy shit. It's hot as balls outside and you would think that that would somehow affect the temperature inside of her room but its like world's thickest walls, not allowing anything to permeate on through.

Tori laughs a bit on the other line. "Your dislike for her is so amusing, Lily," she giggles. "I know you aren't her biggest fan, but what is it about her that you don't really like?"

Lily rolls her eyes. Again. She tends to do that a lot at the mere thought of her. "She's just so ... like she's so ..." she struggles to properly convey her negative emotions towards the 5'2 girl.

"Yes. Uh huh. I totally see why she's such a nuisance," Tori jokes sarcastically.

That wins a chuckle from Lily. "Shut up. I have so much annoyance towards her that it's hard to put into words, okay? She's just, like, she always has to be a bother. And what I mean by that is that she always has to be inconsiderate when I'm trying to concentrate on studying or homework or when I want to read or whatever and she always forgets her key so I have to get my ass up once I'm all snug as a bug in bed to let her in. To make it worse, she always comes knocking in the middle of the night after she goes out and parties. And you know how much I hate being woken up. On top of all of that, she's just so extra . She's kind of ... ditzy, you know? And you know that I don't really like that. I don't think it's cute when people try to act like they're something they're not.

"The thing is that Carina is smart. She's smart as hell because I always see her graded quizzes and essays and assignments laying around - she's a slob, by the way - so of course I can see it if they're all in plain sight and she gets such good grades. She knows what she's doing and what she's talking about. Just around certain people she feels the need to dumb herself down a bit to try to fit in with her quote unquote friends. I don't see why she has to because she's gorgeous, I'll give her that. I don't even know if the front that Carina puts up is really who she is. I feel like she's trying to be someone she's not so I don't know the real her. Does that make sense?"