Chapter 23

Over the course of the next week, relationships only grew stronger. There have been more laughs, hugs, and kisses between Carina and Lily than ever before, Naomi and Desi are continuing to be that golden couple that remains unfazed from everything and anything and they're flaunting each other off without a care, and even Daniel and Amanda have been getting closer as well.

Things between the two are still platonic and friendly, but it's evident that they do enjoy each other's company and that they do genuinely care about one another. And Carina definitely has noticed the subtle touches and the lingering smiles between them.

But their bond as a group of six grew closer and tighter as well, not just individual relationships. They all have been spending ample time together, whether it's off campus or on it. It's gotten easier for Carina to be seen with Lily in public when they're all together since everyone else still assumes she's with Daniel. Little do they know.

Carina will be sitting in between Lily and Daniel when they're out and sometimes, especially when Carina knows that no one can see, she'll reach over and grab Lily's hand underneath the table and she never gets tired of the bashful smile that always appears on Lily's face whenever she does. Carina knows she appreciates the gesture. It may not mean much to anyone, but to Lily especially, it means everything.

Lately, everything has gotten easier for Carina. She doesn't hesitate to wave and say hi to Lily when they occasionally cross paths here and there. She isn't afraid to talk and laugh around with her when she and the other girls meet up somewhere. It might not be to the extent of where she's ready to hold her hand and kiss her in public, but it's something. It's progress. She's making it very known to everyone that Lily is a part of her life and she's going to stay.

"Hey, Cara?"

Her train of thought breaks as she turns her head towards the sound of her nickname being said by the only one who calls her that and the only one who is allowed to ever refer to her as that. "Yeah?"

Lily is sitting with her legs crossed on her bed, looking as stunning as ever. She's wearing a loose top that exposes her prominent collarbones and black leggings that hug her curves.

"Come over here and take a picture with me."

Carina groans and makes a face. "Do I have to right at this moment? I look kind of gross."

She wasn't saying it just because. She actually does feel a bit unappealing at the moment considering she just got back from a run and her hair is wild and sweaty.

"Oh, shut up. You do not," Lily reprimands. "You never look gross to me."

"Yeah, maybe not to you, " Carina chuckles, "but to me, I look yucky."

Lily, without even looking up at her phone, says casually, "you would never be saying that if you looked at yourself the way I do."

"What a kiss ass," Carina playfully jokes, even though she feels warmth rushing up to her cheeks. "How about this? I'll take a shower first since I don't want to get near you when I'm like this and then afterwards, we'll take as many selfies as your big ol' heart desires?"

Lily's face lights up like a child and she nods her head eagerly. What a loser.

Carina smiles fondly before getting up and choosing some clothes out of her closet. Then she heads into the bathroom and begins to take a hot and relaxing shower, humming to herself happily the entire time. She's been in such a fantastic mood lately and it, without a doubt, has everything to do with Lily.

Lily just makes her happy. It's as simple as that.

Carina soon steps out of the shower, her bare body covered with goosebumps as she shivers, and looks at the towel ring to find that there isn't a towel on there. She grumbles to herself as she walks across the floor towards the door, arms hugging herself for some extra warmth.