Chapter 28

Suddenly, a certain text tone goes off in Lily's pocket and she immediately furrows her eyebrows. She only has one person assigned with a different text tone other than the generic one that everyone else in her contacts list has and that person is Carina.

Confused yet curious, Lily fishes her phone out of her pocket.

Carina (5:38 PM): i think we need to talk

--

Carina paces around the room, nibbling on her nails as she waits for Lily to walk into their room any second now.

She wasn't planning on ever bringing up the situation regarding Lily and Myla's kiss, but circumstances have changed and she thinks it might be best to actually give Lily a chance to tell things from her side of the story, considering she already heard it from Myla's.

"Oh, hi," Carina tried to force as convincing a smile as she could. She's not Myla's biggest fan for many reasons, but she wasn't going to uncivil with her. After all, she never directly did anything to Carina. She might have pissed her off because of her trying to make moves on Lily, but how was Myla supposed to know that? She should be the bigger person here.

"I'm sorry, I hate to only talk to you because of Lily, but is she alright?" Myla asked, sincere worry on her face. "I've noticed she's been feeling really down lately. I know that you're her roommate and you guys are close friends so I suppose I just wanted validation from you whether my concerns are legitimate or not."

Carina pursed her lips to avoid the frown wanting to make its way to her face. "Oh, uhm, yeah, I think she's okay," she replied vaguely. She didn't want to answer on her behalf because she honestly doesn't know how Lily is feeling. They might feel differently about what's going on between them at the moment.

"Oh. Okay, that's good ." Myla smiled politely. "It was clear that she was feeling horrible the night of our date and I was just asking to make sure she still didn't feel like that. I would have directly asked her myself but that night didn't quite go as I would have liked for it to have gone."

It never seemed to have flickered across Carina's mind that she actually doesn't know about anything regarding their date, with the exception of the kiss. She wasn't sure if she wanted to hear the rest in fear that it might be painful to endure. Who likes the thought and image of seeing the person they love spend the evening on a date with someone else?

But if Myla said that things didn't go as planned, does that mean something else happened?

Carina tilted her head in curiosity. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, I'm surprised she didn't tell you," Myla chuckle d lightheartedly. "I would have assumed you guys share everything with each other."

Then she silently nodded her head over towards a bench nearby and they took a seat beside each other. Seemed like it might be a long conversation.

"I don't know where to begin," she muttered, more so to herself. "I guess I'll give you a brief overview of the evening so I don't waste your time or anything. But okay, so, when we met up at my car, I could just tell that she was in a horrible mood. She had this frown on her face and she looked like she was on the verge of tears for some reason. I didn't want to ask her about it because I was afraid of, you know, making her feel worse because she was trying so hard to push whatever she was feeling aside. I appreciated her valiant efforts, but it wasn't enough to hide the blatantly obvious fact that she was feeling like shit.