Chapter 10

Lily finally closes her tired eyes, the sound of her roommate's slightly heavy breathing now much more noticeable considering their close proximity. She then overlaps their hands and smiles to herself contently. This is definitely something she can get used to.

Not that long after, Lily eventually falls asleep and for the first time since she's been in this dorm, the room didn't feel quite as cold anymore.

--

"Well, it's about time your ass woke up."

Carina squints open her still-sensitive eyes at the sound of the familiar voice right near her ear. It didn't hit her that she was lying in Lily's bed on Lily until after the whole initial stage of being delirious and dazed as hell as soon as one wakes up. But once she realized that her head was on Lily's arm and she was practically snuggled up against her, she shoots open her eyes in alarm and sits upright.

"Oh my God. I am so sorry," Carina gasps in fear that she overstepped some boundaries last night that she was not aware of at the time. "I had no idea that I accidentally fell asleep on your bed. You probably didn't have any room and I probably kicked you or snored or I drooled or I-"

"-Carina!" Lily giggles, interrupting her. Her hair is a mess this morning, just like it is every morning. But she looks happy. Her green eyes are bright and her smile radiant. "It's perfectly okay, dude. No need to stress or freak out about it. I guess you had a pretty tiring day or something because you fell asleep earlier than usual and you just woke up a lot later than usual."

"Why? What time is it?"

"Around 11 A.M."

Carina's eyebrows raise in surprise. "Really?" she asks incredulously. "That is the latest I've ever woken up. What the hell?"

If what Lily is saying is true about how she slept more than she usually does, then Carina has a strong reason to believe that it's not a coincidence that she slept longer and better because she fell asleep with Lily. Carina knew that she was leaning her head against her shoulder last night while they were watching the movie, but she was not expecting her to be as comfortable as she was last night. It wasn't that she was even all that tired. It was because she was relaxed and at peace beside her roommate that she just gently dozed off apparently.

Lily shrugs casually at her rhetorical question. "I've been awake for about an hour or so now and I had to pee the entire time but I didn't want to wake you up." She then crawls around Carina and hops off of the bed. "Now if you excuse me, I need to go before I piss myself."

Carina chuckles quietly to herself as she watches Lily sprint into the bathroom before shutting the door behind her. What a dork. A very considerate and sweet dork. Lily easily could have just rolled Carina on off of her for the sake of her bladder, but she didn't. Lily waited (and probably suffered) until she woke up instead.

Carina smiles. She's lucky to have such a good roommate.

She looks down at the bed that she is currently sitting on and she feels the material of the soft blanket underneath her. She's never really ever been on Lily's bed before considering she never had a reason to and also because before they were real friends, Lily would act like she would bite Carina's head off if she got within 5 feet of it.

But last night was easy and natural between them. The subtle and innocent touches, how close their bodies were, and just how much they enjoyed and appreciated each other's presence. Revealing their identities to each other was the best thing that could have happened in regards to their friendship. She doesn't even want to think about what would have happened if she never made the bold move to initiate the little meet-up.