Chapter 5

Holy shit.

Lily probably looks like an idiot right now, gawking at Carina sitting in front of her. Lily now knows that it's her who she's been talking to online about every single night for the past 3 months or so, but she just can't believe it.

Carina ?

Her roommate who for the past month has been nothing but a nuisance? The girl who makes Lily want to rip her hair out in frustration and annoyance every single day? The girl who couldn't be more polar opposite from her?

Lily waits for Ashton Kutcher to come popping out behind the kitchen door because there is no way in hell that any of this can be true. Out of everyone she could have met on Tumblr, she met her future roommate. One she couldn't stand.

Suddenly the chair legs squeak across the wooden floor, pulling Lily back into reality as Carina stands up and practically sprints out of the building. Her impulsiveness surprises Lily for a moment, leaving her frozen in perplexity before she starts to run after her.

But Carina got too much of a head start and the headlights of her car flashes on as soon as Lily steps out of the building into the night. She stops dead in her tracks as she watches Carina start to drive away before she could even try to stop her.

Lily looks around at the nearly empty parking lot, her car isolated from the few that are spread off to the sides that for sure belong to the employees. She runs her fingers through her hair in frustration and bafflement. What the hell just happened? Yeah, they were both surprised as hell at the revelation, but Carina ran away before they could even say anything else. It was almost like she was afraid.

Deciding that it was no use to just stand in the middle of the parking lot at 9 PM, dumbfounded beyond belief, Lily forces her feet to carry herself over to her car. She had to talk to Carina. There was no way that she was just going to forget about what happened here tonight.

Lily may or may not have driven faster than the legal limit on the way back to campus, but how could she not? She's worried about Carina. Clearly this is a lot deeper than just finding out that your roommate is also your closest online friend. And she was determined to find out what exactly is on her mind. She was there for her the past few months without even knowing it and that was not going to change.

Too many things are running in Lily's mind that it's impossible to specifically pinpoint exactly what and how she is feeling. It ranges from complete astonishment to guilt. Astonishment because, holy shit , it's Carina, and guilt because she couldn't stand the girl and she talked loads of crap to her about her. This whole ironic mess was giving her a headache. This is too much to be just a mere coincidence. This kind of stuff just doesn't happen in every day life.

Once she parks her car in her designated spot, she jogs to the building her dorm resides in and, with unsteady hands, inserts the key into the lock. She opens it and is disheartened to see that Carina isn't in there. But she left early so she had an early start back to campus. Where was she?

Lily fishes her phone out of her bag before dropping it on the ground. She never got Carina's number because it wasn't like they were going to text each other asking if they wanted to hang out and get lunch together. So Lily opens up the Tumblr app and contacts her in the only way she's ever known how.

notso-green: carina can we talk please?

Lily paces around her room for 15 minutes and nibbles on her nails in apprehension and unease. She doesn't know where Carina is and usually she wouldn't really think twice about it and assume she's fine, she can't help but freak out right now. So she decides to send her another message.