| Twenty Three |

Googie sat beside his mother as they both coloured in their own books, slow classical music playing on the record player

Googie sat beside his mother as they both coloured in their own books, slow classical music playing on the record player. Every once in a while, Googie would peek over Hyejoo’s arm to see how her picture was coming along, before staring at his own. Hyejoo lightly shaded the cloud with a grey crayon, pressing harder on the edges. Googie tried to copy but ended up snapping the tip of the crayon, making him look up to his mother with scared eyes, one hand holding the crayon.

Hyejoo feeling her sons gaze on her looked up to see him holding the crayon with his entire fist and the tip of it was missing. “Googie!” she giggled, preceding to teach him how to colour in lightly before sharpening the crayon which was in his hand.

When they had finished their master pieces, Googie continued to claim how his was better, even though he coloured out the line multiple times. Hyejoo agreed, sticking his picture onto the fridge with a magnet making the younger gleam with joy. Googie telling her to put her artwork on beside his so she wouldn’t feel sad as he tried to reassure her, she will get better at it.

As Googie sat in the living room playing with his toy trucks, Hyejoo prepared his lunch. As Hyejoo let the garlic bread bake in the oven she looked over at Googie who quietly played with his toys, making small ‘vrrm’ sounds to represent the trucks driving. She remembered her chat with him last night and how he told her how he missed Taetae, so she decided to surprise Googie by inviting Taehyung over.

The surprise however didn’t go as planned as Googie had gone to check up on his mother to see her texting a familiar person. “Mama! Is that taetae?!” he shouted out the blue making Hyejoo jump and lock her phone. “Googie! You’re not supposed to know.” She faked a pout, pulling on Googies arms making the younger one let out a evil giggle.

Googie helped Hyejoo clean out of excitement of Taehyung coming. Hyejoo played some music on the radio, Googie shaking his bottom as he wiped the table. The two at one point stopped cleaning and ended up dancing together, Hyejoo holding Googies hands in her owns spinning round in circles.

When Hyejoo got out the vacuum Googie ran onto the sofa screaming kicking his legs around in defence, as Hyejoo pretended to chase him saying the vacuum would eat him. Googie put the last few toys away in the oak cupboard before running into his room to prepare the onesie he would wear after his bath.

Hyejoo filled up the bathtub with water, adding some shower gel into it. With one of hands she shook the water forming little bubbles which spreaded across the bathtub. Googie walked in with his blue robe standing beside his mother ready to have his bath.  Once it was ready Googie played a little with the water as Hyejoo put his old clothes and gown into the laundry basket. Googie got the little blue scrubber ball rubbing his body with it to show his mother how grown up he is.  Hyejoo complimented her sons good scrubbing as she rubbed his hair with some shampoo.