| Twenty Six |

It was the last day of nursery before ending for the Christmas holidays

It was the last day of nursery before ending for the Christmas holidays. The week had been packed with fun Christmas themed activities; decorating Christmas trees, making paper snowflakes and Christmas cookies. Taehyung thought it would be a good idea to make Christmas cards on the last day by listening to some Christmas songs. Taehyung had prepared stickers, glitter, felt tips, crayons and coloured paper.

Googie walked in with his mother, wrapped up nice and warm. His coat was large and fluffy, making him look smaller than usual. Underneath he wore one of his Christmas jumpers which was red and had a white snowflake on it. He ran to show Tae who was wearing a white jumper with blue snowflakes on it. Googie becoming ever so excited begging his mother to take a picture of the two. Tae stood beside Googie pointing to Googies jumper, the younger copying his actions with a wide grin.

Googie waved goodbye to his Mother, handing her his coat before running off to his friends. Hyejoo smiled at Tae before saying goodbye and leaving. She had manged to be around Tae more comfortably not blushing every time he was around. Tae would end up smiling way to wide, making him rub his jaw when Hyejoo would disappear; it was like an illness and he had to get it treated.

Taehyung walked around the classroom, stopping at each table to talk with the children. He would sit beside them asking them who they were making cards for and helping them as well. He made his way to sit on Googies table, a few seats away from the child who was focussed on his card. He had already made a card for his uncle Chim and nana Minnie.

For Chim he had drawn a snowman showering it with glitter, writing merry Christmas copying the word Taehyung had written on the board. The word Christmas hadn’t fitted on one line so it had stretched onto another in the following manner: chris-tmas.  For nana Minnie he had drawn what looked like a gingerbread, surrounded by messily drawn stars.

He was currently making his mothers card, he had drawn an outline of a Christmas tree, two small figures beside it which was meant to be his mother and him. The smaller looking drawing was holding onto the older, who wore a red dress which was drawn as a triangle. He had began to fill in the Christmas tree with scrunched up green tissue paper using pva glue.

“Mr Kim! Help me!” he suddenly shouted after he manged to stick some tissue paper to his hands. He waved his hands around trying to shake the paper off. Mr Kim laughed before carefully removing the tissue paper from his hands and using a paper towel to clean them.

“Come here Googie I will show you an easy way to this.” He sat down on a small chair besides Googies. Googie giggled a little as Taehyung looked like a giant sitting on the small colourful chairs but he didn’t say a word and watched intently. He watched as Taehyung scrunched the small amount of tissue paper in his palm, dipping the tip in the container which had pva glue in it and sticking it on tho the card. Using his finger to press it down. Googie copied him having to use two fingers to press the paper down.  Taehyung left the child, going to spend time with some children who were playing with Lego bricks.

Googie finally finished his mothers card, placing it safely beside him to let the glue try. Some glue had smudged outside the lines of the tree, yet it was a beautiful card his mother would love. Big text in a bright red wrote, ‘have the bestest Christmas.’  He looked behind him to see Taehyung busy with other children so he happily made his card. He picked a orange card and began to cut snowflakes with some blue paper. He stuck them on, some of the edges not glued down properly. He wrote down his special message inside before going to hide it in his backpack.

The day had gone fast and it was almost home time in an hour. Taehyung rang his bell to get the attention of the busy children. The children stopped what they were doing placing both hands in the air as taught by Mr Kim on the first day. “Its time to tidy up now children, I hope to see the classroom spotless.” With that the children began to make neat piles of the spare supplies on their table. Taehyung took away the scissors and glue, before going into the cupboard to get the surprise he had bought. The children finished tidying up quicker than expected and sat in their seat with big eyes looking at what Taehyung was hiding behind his leg.

Taehyung smiled cheekily at the children before opening the bag and pulling out an advent calendar. He had bought each child an advent calendar as a Christmas gift, to give them to everyone. The small children eagerly taking it thanking him with wide grins.

As the children waited for their parents Taehyung asked what they would be celebrating for Christmas. They went round the classroom everyone saying what they would be doing. When it got to Googie he was the only one to ask what Tae would be doing the others too excited in their own plans. Taehyung smiled at the child’s consideration before explaining how he wouldn’t be doing much but have lunch with his brother as his family was busy.

Parents began to come in and Googie felt bad for Mr Kim. However, his mother arrived, and she greeted him with a wide smile smelling like baked goods, Googie knowing to expect an extra treat tonight. He hugged his mother showing her the card he made for Mr Kim before going to give it to the beloved teacher holding his mother hand.

“Mr Kim, I made this for you.” He smiled shyly kicking his foot forwards and back. Hyejoo then handed him a small box filled with the biscuits she had baked, Taehyung opening the box to take a whiff.  Taehyung thanked her bowing his head a few times to which Hyejoo told him it was no problem.

Hyejoo and Googie were now on the way home and Googie seemed lost in thought. He held his mothers hand, kicking the pebbles in his way. “Googie is something wrong sweetie.” She stopped her son from walking on cupping his face worried he was getting bullied again. “I just feel bad for Taetae.” He pouted making Hyejoo tilt her head.

“He has no one to have Christmas dinner with. Taetae's brother is only free for lunch and everyone is too busy.” He glared at the ground. “Would you like to invite him for dinner?” she asked her son who looked up at her with twinkling doe eyes nodding his head excitedly ready to text Taehyung when he got home.

Hyejoo didn’t mind the idea of having to cook for one extra person. Every year their Christmas dinner included of Googie, herself, Nana Minnie and Jimin. Googie and herself – having being abandoned by their loved ones. Jimin’s family living abroad after he had moved out. Aunt Minnie whose children had grown forming their own family barely making time to visit her, just sending her some presents and cards.

They had all formed a small family to which they were closer to than their biological ones. Now Taehyung, his reason unknown but for whatever reason his family were far too busy to celebrate Christmas with him.  Taehyung unknowingly playing a fatherly role to the child he adored, Jimin and Minnie hoping for more to happen between him and Hyejoo.