CHAPTER 5

Olivia's head was still spinning after her encounter with Lance. He had had looked exactly as she had remembered. Not that she had ever forgotten him. It was quite the opposite actually. His face was etched into her mind ever since he left Montreal all those years ago.

His warm chocolate colored eyes, messy brown hair, and dazzling smile had stayed the same as they were from when they had been fourteen. He had changed a lot as well though. He had gotten taller, and now stood almost two heads taller than her, and all the training over the years had given him a body worthy of a model.

"Message me later." Olivia groaned internally. What was she thinking? She had told herself to get over him. She had mentally prepared herself for this, and yet she had succumbed and given him yet another piece of her.

Daniel, noticing she was distracted spoke up as he took a bite of the pizza on his plate. "So are you planning on telling me what's on your mind, or am I going to have to ask?" Olivia sighed as she looked up him. How was she supposed to explain. After all, there was no easy way to talk about a broken friendship.

"You remember I told you, I had a friend back in Montreal when I was a kid?" She asked.

"Yeah the one who left for Geneva when you were fourteen, and you never saw again, but what does that have to do with anythi-" Daniel trailed off, as he connected the dots.

"Lance grew up in Montreal." He started, as Olivia gestured for him to continue. "He moved to Geneva for his career." Realization dawned on his face. "You and Lance were childhood sweethearts??!!" Daniel's expression was a mix of shock, and disbelief, as Olivia put her head in her hands and groaned.

"No, but we were friends. Best friends." She said, and a smile found its way on to her face, as the memories came flooding back into her mind. "We used to do everything together."

"So what happened?" Curiosity, and a hint of concern was laced in the tone of Daniel's voice. "After he left I mean." He asked.

Olivia shrugged her shoulders. "Honestly? I don't know." She said, a sad smile on her face. "He just cut me off. He didn't even give me a reason. Everything was going great, and then he just stopped picking up the phone."

The two of them ate in silence for a moment, both of them not knowing exactly what to say. Daniel had suspected something was up since he saw Olivia talking to Lance in the hotel lobby. He knew her well enough to know from just one look that she had been struggling to keep her composure under Lance's heavy gaze earlier. He thought about what to say, and after a minute or two, he opened his mouth to talk.

"So what are you going to do now?" He asked, taking a sip of his coke.

Olivia shrugged. "I don't really know to be honest." Her fingers were dancing on the rim of her glass, and her eyes were staring off into nothing in particular.

"He'll reach out to me for sure. I know him well enough to know that at the very least." She said.

"But?" Daniel urged her on, her eyes a tell-tale sign that there was more to the situation than she was letting on.

"But the problem is, I don't know how I'll react when he does." She said, her voice faint, and almost a whisper. "Haunted, Come Back Be Here, Dan I've written entire songs about this guy. The type of songs that end up being played on the radio, and getting awards."

When Daniel gave her a puzzled look, she started to explain. "Lance is someone I feel very strongly about. I just haven't figured out yet weather it's good or bad." She looked down.

"You like him, don't you?" Daniel asked. Olivia looked up, with a bewildered look on her face. Did she like him? "No, of course not. I only ever saw him as a friend." She exclaimed.

"Okay sure. Whatever keeps you asleep at night." He said.

'There wouldn't be any use anyway' she thought. 'He would never have liked me back. If he did, he never would have cut me off.'

A/n: hey guys! A bit of a Christmas gift for y'all. I hope you all enjoy the holidays. The next chapter will be up by January 7 at the latest. See you until then, and happy holidays!