CHAPTER 21

"Olivia Cortez spotted in Racing Point garage for the Canadian GP"

'Two months ago, Olivia Cortez mysteriously cancelled all press conferences, interviews, and hasn't been seen in public since. Later on, she released a statement saying that she was in her hometown in Montreal for personal reasons. This Friday though, the Canadian singer was in the Racing Point garage along with Lance Stroll who she was previously rumored to be dating earlier this year. Although both Cortez, and Stroll have denied said rumors, some fans speculate that the two are more than just friends. Fanning the flame are the recently snapped pictures of pictures of the two arriving at the track together, and Cortez chatting with Carola Martinez, wife of Sergio Perez Stroll's teammate.'

Naturally, when Olivia found this article that night, she started panicking in true A-list celebrity fashion, screamed in both nervousness and frustration, almost hyperventilated, and found herself calling Kelly to help her clear up the rumors. (again)

"How on earth do you manage to get into situations like this." She said, pinching the bridge of her nose. Olivia rolled her eyes. "I honestly don't know, so can you please tell The Rappler to shut the fuck up so I can live my life in peace."

Olivia heard her friend sigh. "Well honestly I think the best thing now is to just not say anything." Olivia almost did a double take. "Wha- you mean I don't confirm or deny anything at all?" she asked.

"I mean yeah, you both posted statements back in Melbourne so that should be enough for now." She said, reasoning with her. "And besides, it's only a matter of time before the rumors become a reality anyway."

That statement made Olivia choke on the coffee she was drinking. "I'm sorry back up. For a moment I thought you said 'it's only a matter of time before the rumors become a reality."

Kelly rolled her eyes. "Don't play dumb with me Via. I see how you look at him."

"What do you mean? How do I look at him? I look at him how I used to, even when we were kids." She replied. 'wow Olivia. Real smooth' she thought to herself, as soon as the words left her mouth.

"Olivia. You love him." Said Kelly bluntly.

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"yES! YES YOU DO!"

"FINE YES I DO! I'M FUCKING IN LOVE WITH HIM AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE HE'LL NEVER SEE ME AS ANYTHING MORE THAN A FRIEND!" Olivia blurted out.

Kelly fell quiet. A fes seconds later, Olivia heard laughing from the other side of the phone.

"Oh wow now you're laughing huh? Funny, does my unrequieted love for him amuse you?" she said sarcastically.

"No, it's just," she paused for a moment to catch her breath. "You seriously think he doesn't love, or at least like you back?" She asked.

"Duh Kels. The last girl he dated was a flipping gorgeous model. You really think he'd go for me?" she replied.

"Gosh you're both so blind."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"NOTHING! Nothing, just... Never mind it's nothing." She said.

"Okay whatever you say I guess."

The following conversation consisted of Kelly trying to convince Olivia to confess to Lance but the girl was having absolutely none of it.

"Honestly, just tell him. What's the worst that could happen."

"Hmm well let's see..." said Olivia pretending to think. "He could reject me, tell me I'm not his type, cut me off because he feels uncomfortable around me, play with my feelings, and worst of all, he might like me back." She said.