CHAPTER 20

“I’ll just leave now.” Said Kelly. She had arrived at the bottom of the stairs shortly after Olivia. After a quick glance at Olivia’s mother, she quickly got the message. “I’ll show you out dear.” She said, quickly making an excuse to leave the two alone.

“So,” Said Olivia, “Do you want to go outside maybe?” She asked, gesturing to the door that led to the backyard.

Lance nodded, and the two walked out of the house and into the backyard.

Olivia’s heart was pounding so fast it threatened to beat out of her chest. “So you’ll be in Montreal for the whole week for the race weekend that’s up right?” Lance blinked. He wasn’t paying attention. He had been too distracted by the way her warm hazel eyes were shining in the bright afternoon sun. “Um, yeah. Yeah the race.” He said.

His eyes wandered over to the treehouse in the corner of the yard. Olivia, noticing his gaze smiled. “We had a lot of memories up there didn’t we?” she said, making Lance grin as he looked at her. “Yeah. We did didn’t we.”

“C’mon.” she said grabbing his hand. “Wha- wHOA!” he was cut off by Olivia yanking his arm, and pulling him to the treehouse. She put her foot on the ladder, and started to climb. When she was at the top, she held out her hand to Lance. “Get up here Lancelot.” She said using her nickname for him.

It felt good to hear her say that again… It brought back a lot of memories from when they were kids. He remembered hating the nickname at first.

They had just studied the legend of King Arthur in their English class, and Olivia had given him that nickname to piss him off, but it grew on him… just like how everything about her did. Not that he was planning on telling her that.

When he got up, Olivia was already inside. Following her through the doorway, he looked up to see her sitting there with a smile on her face.

“Damn…” he said, sitting beside her. “We haven’t been up here in ages.” She said. He looked at her confused. “You haven’t?” he asked. She shook her head. “It felt empty without you.”

Lance’s heart fluttered, and he smiled. Had she missed him that much? Could it be possible? Did she lo- No. No that would be impossible.

Olivia meanwhile was desperately trying not to blush because of the position they were in. She was leaning on Lance’s chest while his arm was wrapped around her shoulder holding her close to him.

Could it be? Did he like her as more than a friend? No. No he would never like her like that.

“You know I watched every race even after you left.” She whispered. “F4, F3, all the way up to F1.” She looked at him. “I tried to convince myself I wasn’t watching for you, but subconsciously I would always find myself looking at your results, checking what position you were in, even cheering you on for the championship.” She said.

“I listened to all your songs as well.” Lance said, making Olivia raise her eyebrows. “All the albums, all the concerts and tours, all the award shows you were in. Title tracks, lead singles, heck even the bonus tracks.” He said looking at her.

“Aren’t we a pair.” Said Olivia chuckling. “Well I’ll still be cheering you on this weekend.” She added, making Lance sit up.

“About that…” he said. his hands shook slightly. His heart threatened to burst out of his chest, and his nerves were all over the place.

“I was just wondering if maybe…” he trailed off. ‘Just fucking do it you idiot!’ he screamed at himself. “If you wanted to go to the race.” He said. “With me… in my side of the garage.” He added.

Olivia’s breath hitched up in her throat. “Yeah.” She said, hardly believing it. “Yeah I’d love to.”

In a while the two of them went down from the treehouse.

Olivia was about to ask Lance something, but she was scared to do so. ‘oh just do it stupid, you’ll be fine.’ She thought to herself, as Lance was starting to get ready to leave.

“Lance!” she called out, making him look at her. “Would you like to maybe stay for dinner?” she asked. “Mom is making lasagne.” She said, fiddling with the edge of her shirt. ‘please say yes, please say yes please say-’

“Yes.” He said. “Yeah, for sure. I’d really like that.”

A/n: WOAH CHAPTER 20 ALREADY? 

also who else is slowly going insane waiting for the next race cuz i know i am