CHAPTER 23

Three weeks. Three weeks since that drunken kiss at the club.

After that night, Olivia had flown right back to LA. She asked Kelly to cover for her, and told her mom she had something to take care of in the studio. In reality she had just wanted to get away.

In fact, when she tried to record something, she couldn't even focus. Her hands didn't seem to want to cooperate when she was trying to play her guitar. She couldn't sing properly without getting distracted. The words in her head couldn't even form coherent lyrics.

She didn't even want to get out of bed. She felt terrible. She wanted nothing more than to kiss Lance, but at the same time, she was scared. She had kissed him back straight away, with no control over herself. He did that to her, and that was terrifying.

When Kelly confronted her about it, she almost broke down in tears.

"I can't keep fucking doing this." She said. "I love him so much, but why am I so scared?" she said.

"You're scared because you love him." Said Kelly. "You're terrified of the fact that you love him, and that that love might hurt you." She added.

"What do I do now?" asked Olivia. "I pulled away, he probably hates me now." she said, making Kelly laugh.

"He could never hate you Olivia." She said. "He loves you."

"He'll come for you. You'll see."

-=-=-=-=-=

When Lance went back to racing a week later, anyone with a pair of eyes could see that something was off. His usual enthusiasm was gone, he barely smiled, and during briefings and interviews he seemed distant... like something else was on his mind.

Out of concern for both him, and Olivia, at the next race Daniel pulled him aside after the post-race press conference. The Aussie knew something was going on, and he knew that that something was bound to be Olivia.

"Hey man, everything alright?" he asked, after they had finally gotten away from all the cameras.

Lance shrugged. "Yeah." He answered way too quickly for it to be true. "Yeah, everything's fine... just tired from the race I guess." He said.

"Lance..." he started. "I'm a driver too you know? And I know for a fact that this isn't just tired from a race" he felt a bit bad for pushing him, but he also knew that if Lance and Olivia didn't find a way to fix whatever the hell was going on between them... Actually no, he didn't want to think about what would happen.

"It's about Olivia, isn't it?" he said. Lance stayed silent, but Daniel already knew. The way his shoulders drooped, and the sad look in his eyes was enough to confirm his suspicion.

"Look... whatever is going on, I'm sure the two of you can work it out." Said Daniel. "She really likes you Lance."

A look of confusion made it's way on to Lance's face. "Wait... What?" he said. "Really?" he asked.

Daniel nodded. "A lot, and by a lot I mean to the point that some of the songs she's written were about you." He added.

"Then why did she pull away..." "Hold on pull away?" asked Daniel interrupting him. Lance looked at him with a face that just said 'oh shit I said too much-'

Deciding that he might as well tell him, he opened his mouth to speak. "I kissed her." He said, making Daniel's eyes widen in shock. "I kissed her when we were at a party back in Montreal, and she pulled away."

"She's scared." Daniel blurted out. "She's absolutely fucking terrified." He added. "She's scared of getting hurt. She's scared of her feelings. She's scared that she can't control herself around you." He said. "She's scared of the fact that she loves you."

Lance furrowed his brows. "Olivia... Olivia loves me back?" he said. He couldn't believe it. After all this time, he could have just told her. He could have just told her and none of this would have happened.

"Go see her." Said Daniel, this time, his voice barely above a whisper. "We have a week off after today, go see her, and I guarantee she'll be glad to see you too."

"But what if-" Daniel held up his hand to silence him. "No what ifs this time." He said. "Just tell her how you feel."

Lance thought about it. Well... What did he have left to lose?

"I'll catch the next flight to LA."

A/n: Hellooo!!! Few chapters left guys! Also sorry if this one is a bit short. The next one will make up for it I promise