Forget Me Not

Bianca

The two of us sat outside, eating our dinner.

The night was going peacefully, the sun had set, popping out the tiny stars in the night sky.

Jackson seemed to be content, enjoying his hamburger that he happily agreed to making for both of us. Ever since our kiss, he seemed to me enjoying himself with me a lot more. Not that I was complaining, but he talked a lot, about a lot of different things.

I, on the other hand, couldn't seem to focus on what he was saying. Too busy reviewing the serious information that Delilah, Ashley, Maya, and Kira swinged by today to tell me.

They had shared with me the information about this pill, Zikotryan, that I was supposed to take in order for my witch power to slowly start to fade, and also shared with me about why they were exhausted, a big fight with Drew last night, great.

For some reason, I couldn't believe it. After everything Jackson and I had been through, he decided to throw me away and treat me like a doll for no reason.

I thought Jackson liked it? Trusted me? Afterall, that's what he told me to do. I finally do that, and he decides to throw all that out like burned candy.

It made me lose my appetite too. I couldn't help but pick at my food, too worried and nervous to eat it.

The lack of mistrust in the room disturbed me, infecting my food.

Jackson said this and said, "is everything okay? Is it not cooked enough?"

I stare at him, shaking my head. "It's fine, just not really hungry."

He looks intently at me, worried for some reason. If he didn't care about me, why did he care?

"You need to eat, you haven't eaten anything in eight hours. Eat or you'll go to bed starving." He reminded me.

"Rather starve myself then take my pills," I mumble to myself, forcing myself to take a bite out of my hamburger.

Jackson suddenly gets up, grabbing me out of my chair, and forcing me to look up. I gasp at the random contact.

He had his hands placed on his knife, ready to whip it out at any given time.

My eyes widen, as the thought of Jackson killing me for knowing this kind of information. Some stupid pill.

"Excuse me? What did you just say to me?!" He says, his grip on my shoulders sternly tight.

I won't let his little weapons get to me, standing up for myself. "I know about that little pill that you've been forcing me to take. What the actual hell Jackson? I was gonna find out later when I dropped dead of a massive headache, my brains exploding." I snap at him, using all of my strength to escape from his grip.

"Did your friends tell you that? Delilah and the others? And you actually believe that shit?!" He shouts to me.

A scowl appears on my face, as I listen to his pathetic words. "They're my best friends, I've known them longer then you, you don't get to act like that! They wouldn't lie to me, they're trying to help me!" I shout back at him.

He facepalms, groaning at my behavior. "Bianca, you need to know--"

"Know what? That this entire time you didn't even wanna be my friend, or want to trust me, you just wanted to get under my skin so that you could make me depend on you, and take your dumb pills. Hell no! I don't even need you!" I argue.

I open the door to walk back inside, just run to my room and stay in there forever, when Jackson comes over and grabs me by the hand, slapping my other off the doorknob, earning a yelp from me.