Death List

Hazel

I burst into the room.

"What the hell do you want this time Lopez?" I ask Adam, unable to bring myself to say his name.

Adam raises his eyebrows at me. "Where the hell is Drew?"

The only other people in the room were Will and Crystal.

"Why do you need him anyway?" I snap.

"If this is about Sakina, then we perform the spell tomorrow once we get the okay from Eli and Luna." I remind him.

Adam laughs at me, shaking his head. "Oh, Hazel, you're so clueless."

I narrow my eyes at him, confused by what he's saying. I was clueless.

Stepping closer to him, all of their expressions change from sly to determined, about something.

"You know Hazel, ever since you have come back from the other side, you think you are just the shit, don't you?"

I was confused, why was he telling me this? He brought me here all this way to just taunt me, and put me in my place for no reason?

"It seems like all you people like to do is just pick on me for no damn reason. Care to explain the actual reason why you brought me here?" I ask him, desperately trying to get something out of them.

I had reason to be here, and it seemed like for the past two weeks everyone had just decided to turn on me, make me seem like I'm the bad guy, the annoying person in the group that is really self centered, when all I want to do is not get killed.

I saved everyone from the other side, and I don't want my friends to die again, including Eli, who is I guess already dead but I promised him I'd bring him back.

I guess it was safe to say that I hate Adam. He just paired up with the wrong people, doing it for his own ego, trying to boost himself up after everything that has happened between us.

I didn't want to work with these freaks, but I'm being forced to over my own good. I have no choice. If I didn't help bring Luna and Eli back, then I'd be killed. Not just me, but my friends too.

I didn't just waste a whole month bringing them back for nothing, killing Luna and risking everyone's life, just for them to get killed only five months later. To me, that didn't seem fair.

I wasn't going to let Adam get to me, try to get into my mind. I knew better than to let that happen.

"Hazel, I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that you are just so hard to work with. Can't follow simple rules, and just overall complicated for no reason? Why the hell is that?" Adam snaps, the light on his head reflecting into my eyes.

He was trying to start a fight with me, for no damn reason.

"Adam I know you did not just bring me here to start a useless fight with me. A day after I brought Luna and Eli back." I tell him, gritting my teeth with anger.

"I didn't start anything Hazel, you started this, so you get to finish it. It's only fair." Adam states, inching forward me.

"You gonna kill me?" I snark with a laugh.

How naive is this bitch?

"Do it, like I care."

Adam shakes his head, his face turning a little red, he seemed annoyed just trying not to show it.

He flashes a look at Crystal, before nodding his head and looking back at me.

They're not actually going to kill me, right? Am I going crazy?