Do You Love Her?

Maya

It was late, like midnight late.

Delilah had ate over at my house, then left around eleven at night.

It was just me, and the house was quiet, like always.

I didn't mind the quiet, I actually liked it.

But I didn't like being alone.

Something about living in a house, alone, doesn't sit right with me. It makes me feel uncomfortable in a way, or just not 100% safe.

Which doesn't make sense to me. Due to the fact that I'm a witch, and could snap your neck within a second using your mind.

We're pretty powerful creatures, and if someone were to break into the house, I would be capable enough to defend myself, but just the feeling is something else.

I was getting ready to go to bed, when I heard a knock at my door.

What the hell?

The tension in the room rises, as I blankly stare at my front door.

Who could possibly be at my door at twelve o' clock in the morning? I thought.

I decided to walk over to the door, slowly opening it, trying to map out a face.

Standing there in the summer air, stood Drew.

"Drew?" I ask, confused.

Why the hell was he at my door this late at night? And why was his face red?

"Can I come in?" He asks quietly, staring at the ground.

I simply nod my head, though still confused on why the hell he is here.

"You okay? You usually don't come over this late." I say, going into the kitchen to pour him a glass of water. He looked like he needed it, due to his red face, and tired eyes.

He gladly takes the glass of water, chugging the whole thing down in one swallow.

I furrow my eyebrows at him, taking the glass back to the sink.

"You gonna tell me why you're here?" I ask again.

He nods, before sitting down on the brown couch I had in the living room.

I sat down next to him, eager for him to begin his story to why he was here.

Drew clears his throat, then says, "Hazel and I broke up."

My eyes widened at the sudden statement.

"Broke up?" I repeat.

He looks down at the ground, fidgeting with his fingers. "Yep. We got into a fight, I stormed out."

I still couldn't believe it. After everything that they've been through, a little fight broke them up. But what was the fight about?

"Do you wanna tell me why?" I ask softly, trying my best not to rush him. If anything I wanted to comfort him.

He slowly nods his head, trying to gather his thoughts.

"It was something stupid, I shouldn't have lashed out like that but I was just stressed and tired and the whole Crystal thing got to my head. Jesus, I'm such a dick." He says, facepalming into his hands.

I stare at him blankly, trying my best to understand the situation.

I wasn't too good at giving advice, that was kinda Eli's job. They were buddies, talked about guy stuff all the time, understood each other clearly, but Eli is gone, so I guess I fill his place.