Five Months Later

Hazel

July 4th.

One of the best times of the year.

Americans have an excuse to light off loud explosions that you could probably hear from under your pillow, but who cares? It's independence!

I like the whole idea of it, don't get me wrong. But really America? That's the best you got?

What's worse is that Drew hates them.

He wasn't into the whole boom boom thing, so we made sure to keep it settle this year.

No extreme measures. He explained to me.

And I, being a good girlfriend, agreed.

Though, after some bribery, Drew agreed to hang out at the neighborhood park this year to celebrate. Not only would it be us, but the rest of the group too.

It's been five months since the passing of Eli and Luna. It's also been five months since Adam stormed out on me.

I thought I'd be over it by now, really. But something inside of me couldn't shake the feeling. I still feel like shit over it, but I honestly deserve it.

Adam would come into the house every now and then, but only to grab a couple of things that he forgot the time before. He'd never give my time to explain, just grab his shit, and go.

I honestly don't blame him. It was wrong of me to cheat on him in the first place, but with a dead guy just makes me even more pathetic. I guess love is love.

I haven't heard from him in a while. No idea where he is, or what he does, but I guess that's not my business.

Eli's death still shakes me. All of us actually. Mainly Drew and Delilah though, since they were the closest to him. It's still hard for me to believe he's gone. He was like the light at the end of the tunnel. Always brought out the best in us.

He was the only vampire in our friend group. So when we realized it was just us witches, it wasn't the same.

He was truly a gift. It was a shame he never got his second chance. Though, Maya and Madeline have been working together to try to connect Eli from the void. It'll take a lot of power, but if we work together, we might be able to spark something.

Though, after five months, we still have nothing. We either succeeded in reaching the radio station Eli's on but we wouldn't be able to hear him, or we couldn't channel enough power to get the radio to work. We're not gonna give up on him though.

I promised him I was gonna get him back, and I will. Even with the offering spell, in the end I kept my promise to Adam. What should be any different for Eli?

-

It was summer vacation in Greenwood, Indiana. That gave Kira more time to come over at our house and practice her magic. Not just her, but all of us.

Ever since we got back home, we've all been practicing our magic. From binding spells, to good luck spells, and even invisible spells, we were for sure getting stronger. It was fun. Having almost all of us here.

Chilling outside, Kira and Delilah collect different colored leaves. Some that are long, some that are short, red, brown, etc. Delilah has been a mom to Kira ever since they met. They do everything together. Shop together, practice magic, she even takes her to school sometimes when Ashley can't.

Speaking about Ashley, she's warmed up to us a lot more. We've moved past our differences and grown strong. There's those days where she'd have a short temper, which wouldn't be too good for us but she'd get through it, just like anything else.

Ashley works at Kira's school. As a 6th grade teacher. She teaches science. She also does a good damn job at it. She works hard for her students and even though she doesn't make as much, she's still happy. That's all that matters.

Doing the school year, Drew and I would stay up with her grading papers at times, we'd even pop in to say hi at times in her classroom. Her students were sweethearts.

Of course we couldn't use our magic outside of the house, where no one would suspect anything. We'd keep it to ourselves. Though, some things are harder than others.

Delilah is taking classes to be a nurse. She was always good with cleaning wounds, and healing them. Sadly, she couldn't cheat her way into them, by just simply healing her patients with a couple of power and chants, she did her research and took her notes.

She's like the teacher's pet. Just not as annoying. Always paying attention, asking questions when needed, turning her work in on time, never getting a grade lower than an A. She had that genius mindset.

Maya carried on her thing, she did before. Bringing people back to life for money.

"At least she's making money." Drew reminded me.

Even if she was making money, it still bothered me how much power she could use before enough is enough. Before she falls cold and hurts herself. She reminded me multiple times not to worry, but I couldn't do anything but worry.

She brings back several people from the other side everyday. But recently she said there's been a blockage in the portal to the other side. We all shook it off, thinking it'll be back to normal in no time but she still is concerned about it.

Bianca and Madeline have been working together at raising their company. A makeup department. Selling lipsticks, eyeshadow palettes, and more. Three months in, they're pretty successful. They've been making good business, and have even been giving us some free products.

Everything they make is vegan, and natural, which is a big plus for people who like that type of stuff. I'm very proud of them both for making so much progress. Stepping out of their comfort zone and exploring. Just like I told Bianca.

Madeline seems to be healing pretty well. Bianca is still skeptical about things. Getting random mood swings and her instincts kick in at random times. Most of the time, she handles herself pretty well, but every now and then Drew or Madeline would have to remind her that she's okay and will live.

Some nights she couldn't sleep in her own apartment. Her and Madeline would get stuck sleeping in our guest room. Even with us in the house, she gets night terrors. She screams in her sleep, waking us all up in fear.

Her screams scare me sometimes. After months she still has nightmares about being stuck in the cell that Luna threw her in. The only person that could calm her down was Drew. Not even Madeline who experienced the same thing.

I couldn't help but feel bad for her. She needed Drew at times, and I understand that. It's not my place to intrude in that type of stuff because after all, Drew and Bianca knew and dated each other a lot longer than me.

Drew and I are out of the house most of the time. Doing college from home. He's studying in computer science, while I'm majoring in an English degree.

Drew is insanely good with computers. Always able to detect a problem faster than light travels. It's nice to have him around to help me with that stuff because unlike Drew, Adam was never a big help with that.

Everything for now seemed to be going smoothly.

Hopefully they stay that way.