Missing

Hazel

Drew's eyes widened.

He immediately sprints up.

We all do the same.

"Where the hell do you think she'd be?" Drew asks, turning on his flashlight. His face started to turn pale from the nervous knot in his stomach. "We should try looking by the trash can where she last was. Maybe we'll Ashley too." I state.

He quickly nods his head, nudging Kira, signaling her to stay by his side.

The random series of events, changing the entire vibe of the night. The streets were empty, parents had scattered out with their kids, and the lights that were once lit in the playground park, were now burnt out.

This time of the night, gave off an eerie vibe. The closer we came to the large garbage bin, the more I felt my heart rise.

"She is nowhere to be found," Delilah breaths, worried.

Maya swipes the tin opening, revealing leftover flavors of ice cream, soggy cones, and napkins soaked in the delicious treat. I feel myself wanting to puke. Between the unsettling disappearance of my two best friends, and the sickening look of the now melted ice cream, sitting in the crevices of the trash bin.

"Disgusting," Maya mutters to herself as she closes the lid of the garbage can. We turn our bodies, to the woods across the street. We all stare intensely at it.

What if they're in there? I thought.

My stomach turns just staring at the creepy trees that were covered in moss, branches thrown on the floor, accompanied by the crashed leaves of different colors.

"Should we check in there?" Maya asks.

Instead of responding, I made my way slowly into the dark woods.

The smell of wet wood filled my nose. It was an unpleasant smell, especially during the middle of the dark night.

Shortly, I hear the rest of the group follow behind me, hearing the crispy leaves being crushed one by one. *crunch*

Drew traced his fingers on the trees, leaving a dirty rosado. The woods were humid, from the rain that gracefully fell from the sky. The dirt was now mud, more got onto our shoes, the more we traveled into the woods, searching desperately for our friends.

"Bianca?!" Drew shouts. His hands over his mouth to let out more sound, an echo bouncing off the trees standing solid among us.

"Ashley!?"

Nothing.

We try again, this time asking a question. "Bianca, Ashley, where are you?!" He calls out.

Nothin-

Delilah randomly gasps, causing the rest of us to jump.

"What is it?!" Maya whispers loudly.

Delilah looked like she had just seen a ghost. Her face pale, and her black pupils dilated. "I-I heard something," she stammers. "What?" I ask.

She looked around for a while, like she was trying to find something.

I stare at Madeline. She hasn't said anything in a while. Her eyes were glued to the floor of the woods.

I couldn't imagine what she was thinking right now. Her best friend shes known for the majority of her life, just went missing without a goodbye or a clue. I'd understand if she was scared out of her mind right now.

"I think I heard Ashley," she says finally.

We all stare at her, wondering how she heard that and not any of us.