Franklin's Mental Facilities

Ashley

Kira and I made our way to Hazel's house the next morning.

It was around ten am when we finally arrived, inserting the extra key that Hazel gave me for emergencies only.

I opened the door, expecting to be hit with Drew and her talking, at the kitchen table usually, but there was nothing. No one was home.

"Hello?" I say, my voice echoing off the thin white walls.

The dishes in the sink were sitting there, leaking water off of them, the coffee pot still full of black coffee.

"Where is everyone?" Kira suddenly asks. Even if she notices something is wrong.

I shrug, before wandering into the kitchen to pour myself a cup of coffee.

If no one else is going to drink it, why not.

Kira walks over the island, lingering her finger over the marble counter.

Next to me, in a large bowl, sat large pieces of fruit. Apples, oranges, and pears. They just sat there, untouched, uneaten. The bottom of the fruit slowly starts to rot from the suffocating amount of air given to it. Disgust landed on my face as I took a sip of my coffee.

"What's this?" Kira asks, holding up a piece of paper.

I press my lips together, squinting my eyes together, trying to make out the writing on it. It looked like whoever wrote it was clearly in a rush due to the cursed writing.

Kira hands it to me. "Hazel wrote it. Something to do about her and Madeline going out for breakfast at the Waffle House on main street with William?" I stare blankly at the paper, admiring the gray pencil lead smeared on the paper, making out all types of different letters and words.

"Why William? That guy seems like a total dork." I say taking another sip of my coffee, sitting the messy note back on the island. It was Kira's turn to shrug, wandering into the pantry to find something to eat.

It seemed like everyone was off doing their thing today, due to the fact that everyone is off doing their own thing. I had no idea where Drew, Maya, or Delilah were.

After last night's appearance at the Masquerade Striders HQ, and coming in contact with Nick, things have felt a little off. Everything has felt off lately, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Seeing Nick years after his death, just shook me the wrong way. He was always the abusive type, never taking any seriously, no matter the consequences. Always feeding on people when he had the chance, he was the reason Hazel's and I relationship was so patchy at the beginning.

Suddenly, the front door bursts open, revealing a Delilah and Maya.

I jumped from the sudden creaking door bursting open, staring at them was a startled expression on my face.

Maya lets out a laugh, noticing my surprise jump, stating, "wow Ashley didn't mean to scare you." I rolled my eyes at them, continuing to sip at my coffee, that was very warm in my hands. I look out to the corner of my eye to see Delilah and Kira hugging.

"Whatever," I reply.

"Where's Hazel at?" Delilah asks curiously, glancing at Kira as she sits down eating a fruit bar.

I turn from Maya to Delilah, eager to show her the note that Hazel had left on the table. "Out at the Waffle House with Madeline and that William guy from last night." I ensure her. I then pass her the note, showing Delilah the proof itself.

She narrows her eyes at the note, obviously trying her hardest to read out the messy handwriting. "How the hell did you even read this? Can't make out any words." She complains, passing the Maya the note to see for herself.