Bad News

Hazel

I was devastated, depressed, and weak at this point.

I had just witnessed my best friend, boyfriend, die right in front of me, and I couldn't do anything about it. I was locked down at my will, and forced to watch as the life was taken out of him, blood pouring rapidly from his neck.

It made my uncomfortable, unfair life that I had actually let that happen. I had no idea what to do next, but I knew at the same time...

I had to tell the others.

I drove home, quietly, a few short sobs erupting from my eyes and my throat as the feeling only sunk in deeper into my head. I had no idea what to do with myself, only to pull through it, bring Luna and Eli back, and never talk to those dumb Masquerade Striders ever again.

Pulling into the driveway, I had to pull myself together, wiping the nasty tears from my face, and the runny nose that was triggered.

I unlocked the door to my house, walking in to see Bianca sitting at the table.

"Bianca?!" I question, looking at her, forgetting about Drew for a second.

Bianca stares at me from her dish, forcing a small smile. "Hazel,"

I smile back at her, running towards her giving her a hug which she slowly accepted. "I didn't know you were coming home today."

She nods, before looking around, for Drew.

"Well, Delilah and the others broke me out."

She continues to look around.

"Where's Drew?" She asked.

Her face looked worried, as she had expected Drew to come home with me.

Staring at me, the waterfall of tears only triggered seeing the bomb go off in her head.

"Hazel?" Delilah asks, rushing over to me.

I feel myself collapse onto the floor, melting into a mess as I sob into my hands, unable to bring myself to tell the girls what happened.

The rest spring over to me, comforting me on whatever happened, completely clueless.

"Hazel? What the hell happened?" Bianca says, kneeling down next to me.

I couldn't breath, trying to get in a short breath but failing miserably, as the girls continued to try to calm me down.

Rubbing my back and mumbling sweet words.

"Just breathe, tell us what happened. Is Drew alright?" Maya asks.

I managed to shake my head, life flashing before my eyes as I felt like the world was going to fall apart over my best friend's death. We had been down this road before.

"What happened to him?" Bianca asks, even more worried.

"D-Dead," I finally say, getting even more worked up.

The girls freeze, Bianca grabs my hands, looking deeply into my eyes as she continues to question me even more. "What do you mean he's dead?"

"C-Crystal bit him, her bite is fatal, and now he is dead. I-I tried to stop him but Will put handcuffs on me that canceled out my magic. I didn't want him to die, not after our fight I swear I tried guys." I cry, trying to earn their respect.

Time has frozen, as my comment hardens deeper into everyone's brain.

Drew's dead.

"No.." Bianca whispers. "No, it can't be. How?!" She asks, shocked.

The world looked a little darker today, now that we all lost someone we loved.

None of us knew what to say, how to take the information in, but he was dead, I saw him die so it wasn't fake.

"He asked me to marry him before he left." Bianca suddenly spills out.

We all turn to her, mourning, but still shocked. "Marry? WHAT?" I ask.

Bianca just shakes her head, she looks confused as well. Drew had asked Bianca to marry him? What the hell only two weeks after we broke up?

"I don't know why. It was all so sudden. I didn't get to answer him before he left. I feel like such a bitch, player." She explains, wiping some of the tears from her eyes.

We sat there, on the floor, supporting each other as we all cried quietly, not saying much but just the support was enough.

Drew wanted to marry Bianca, he really did love her after all if he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

How could that be? Did he just fake love me? Kiss me with no meaning, or our late night talks were just nothing to him? I was a mess, confused and tired. I had been through so much today. I was having fixed emotions, no idea what to feel or do at this sudden moment.

I watched my best friend die, then later find out that he wanted to marry one of my friends.

"What were you gonna say?" I croak to her.

Bianca looks up at me, the pain still lingering in her eyes. "What?"

"Were you going to say yes?" I ask her.

"To the marriage," I add.

She continues to stare at me for a while, unable to say. Like there were a million thoughts running around in her head. Bianca closes her eyes, pinching her eyebrows together, before shaking her head. "I do love him, but..." her voice trails off.

"You love him enough to actually spend your life with him?" Delilah finishes for her.

Bianca painfully nods her head. "Right person, wrong time." She shrugs.

We all sigh, a final breath being let out from our tornado that bursted from us.

"What are we gonna do?" Maya asks.

I stare at her, confused.

"With Crystal? Are we actually gonna help her?"

I slowly nod my head, "we can't leave Eli hanging. Speaking for all of us, as much as we hate Crystal, Eli needs us. I kept my promise to him, to bring him back, and that's what I'm going to do." I explain to them.

They all sniffle, agreeing eventually. "We can't just give up that easier." I add.

It was like a boost of energy personal positivity flown into me, striking every part of my brain.

"After that, we can forget about Crystal. Don't have to work for her anymore. Host a funeral for Drew, and things will go back to normal." I suggest.

The energy in the room was drained, everyone looked like they were going to drop dead, but they still managed a nod and a hum.

"Let's get Eli back."